6

Killua was waiting in front of Midoria's house with his picture after the sports festival. He had also bought some special fast healing ointment for him. It was extremely expensive and it used up most of his money that he had gotten, but it was worth it. He was wearing his favorite outfit, this time with his number tag. Killua waited. he waited there for an entire hour before Midoria came into view. His arm, couldn't they have healed him some more? If I was braver I would do it myself with my Nen but I'm already stretching it by doing this, I need to do this. He was walking with his head down, like he was contemplating something. Killua was standing on the porch, leaning on the doorframe. It took Midoria about 10 seconds to notice him, at which point his eyes went wide and his mouth dropped open. "Y-You!" he didn't speak, just set down the items and looked him in the eye for a few seconds, and then he left. Please find him for me.

Midoria was walking back to his house when he saw him. It was the boy from the U.S.J! he was standing right in front of his house! "Y-You!" he shouted. But he didn't speak, he just set down three items and looked him in the eye for a few seconds. That look... it's like he's counting on me for something. And then he left. He was gone in the blink of an eye. Midoria slowly walked up to his porch and grabbed the items, then went to his room. He didn't even see his mother on the way there, he just sat down on his bed and looked down. The first thing was a circular tag with the number 99 on it. He set that aside for a few moments to look at the next thing. He was confused for a few seconds, then nearly gasped as he read the side. This is Najure Helm! It's the fastest working healing ointment out there. Holy crap the price tag... he felt his eyes watering a little. He did this for me? Did he watch the sports festival? But why? Why does he favor me? And then his eyes fell on the last item. It was a note. His breath caught in his throat when he saw the two figures on the page. Did he draw this? That boy is so similar. Even his facial expression is much like mine in the picture. Midoria turned the paper over and he read the message on the back. 'this is Gon. I know it's an odd ask but if you see him, please let me know somehow. He's so much like you, from his hair to his personality and strength. I know you don't know my name, but tell him one thing for me. Number 99' it all made sense now. Why he was spared, why he was favored. And he's asking me for help. Midoria grabbed the tag and made a promise to himself. I will find him.

Gon was lying in a very comfortable bed. It was soft and cushioned, but he still wasn't happy. Killua had been missing for about a month and nobody had been able to find him. He hadn't been able to train, or go on any sort of mission. Where did he even go? I could have sworn he was s-standing right next to me. Gon felt tears sting his eyes and he let them come. He had made sure to hide his pain for the others, Leorio and Kurapika would know he was upset but he never showed them how much it really hurt him. They had been just strolling through Yorknew when he looked away for a second, and Killua was gone. He didn't tell him he was going, he didn't make any noise. He just, vanished. And he couldn't help but blame himself. He heard footsteps and quickly wiped his tears, hiding all evidence of his sadness and putting on a bright smile. Something that Killua had taught him was how to pretend, although he wasn't good at keeping a straight face like he was. Kurapika walked in as he was sketching his 26th picture of Killua since he disappeared. This time he was wearing a cat hoodie because he thought it was cute.

 This time he was wearing a cat hoodie because he thought it was cute