26

Killua cried softly as he was sitting on a branch. It was one of the carved ones, filled with intricate patterns. D-Damn it. I can't just, stop liking him. He removed his mask to rest his hands on his face. But I have to. Despite his thoughts, he couldn't stop crying. His heart was broken, and by the only person he'd ever truly trusted. Yet, he didn't hate Gon. He didn't hate him, or the girl he liked. He hated himself. "Killua?" He took a sharp intake a breath, half panicking for a moment as he peeked through his fingers. How the hell'd he find me? I used Zetsu- then he saw who it was. It was Midoria. Midoria with an extremely alarmed expression, probably because he was sitting alone in a forest while crying. Killua didn't answer, he didn't really want to talk right now. But Midoria climbed up next to him with a worried expression, obviously hellbent on trying to figure out what's wrong.

"Are you ok? Where's Gon?" Killua looked away, biting his lip. "At the base" He mumbled. Midoria let his legs hang as he sat next to him, the branch was sturdy so it didn't dip. "What happened? It has to have something to do with him if your so upset" He murmured. Killua wiped his eyes, but the tears kept coming. "H-He...he likes h-her..." Killua said, voice breaking slightly. "I- C-Can't...If...If she makes him happy..." He cried softly, and he felt Midoria place a hesitant hand on his back. "Did he say it?" Killua looked away. "He blushed at her, I saw it" His grip tightened slightly on the fabric of his pants. "I-I can't like him anymore b-but..." His breath was uneven, trying to control the heartbreak just broke him even more. "Hey, that doesn't mean that he likes her. Sometimes I blush at girls but I don't like them" but he isn't you. Midoria and Gon were similar in many ways that was true, but...

"Gon's shameless" he mumbled. "He doesn't think twice about how embarrassing something is, he..." Images flashed through his mind. Gon holding his hand, Gon tackling him, hugging him, making him blush. But he never liked me. We're just...friends. Killua clenched his jaw, then banged his head on his knees. "D-Damn it. Why can't I just like someone else?" He squeezed his eyes shut, his chest started to ache. "You should confront him, tell him how you feel at least" Midoria said, Killua growled. "I can't! I..." He sobbed a little. "I don't want to ruin our friendship. I-I can l-live with it...it's fine" the words left his mouth, but they didn't really feel true to him. He wanted them to be true, but they just weren't. Killua removed his face from his knees, a halfhearted smile on his face. The tears still rolled down his cheeks, fast and swift. "I-It's fine. If she makes him happy..."

Midoria wrapped an arm around him and pulled him a little closer, the motion reminded him of Gon and he couldn't lie to himself anymore. I love him...I can't just let go. Killua's hands started to tremble, his eyesight blurred. I want him. I want him to bad it hurts. But... Killua was gently shoved to where his head was resting in Midoria's lap. "H-Hey, I'm not too great at comforting. But sometimes mom used to do this when I was sad" He said softly, running his fingers through Killua's hair. It only made him sob louder, made him miss Gon more. He loves to play with my hair. "What's all that- OH MY GOD!" He opened his eyes a little, to see Kendo was there for some reason. Why the hell is everybody here? Don't they have fucking class? Kendo climbed up next to them as well, "What the hell happened?" Midoria whispered a few things into her ear. Killua sat up, then slid off the tree. Where the hell do I go now? "Killua! Wait!" He paused for a moment, then slipped his mask back on after wiping the tears off his face.

"What" he said. Killua's voice wasn't exactly monotone, but it held very little emotion. A hand fell on his shoulder. "Keeping in your pain doesn't make it better, it makes it worse" Kendo said. Killua shrugged her hand off. "The hell would you know" He muttered. "There's no use in hating them-" Killua turned, teeth gritting together and eyes squeezed shut. "I DON'T HATE THEM!" He yelled, then he felt the tears come again. When he reopened his eyes they were raw with emotion. "I-I don't hate Gon...or the girl he likes I..." Killua looked down, hands trembling slightly as they came up to his face. "I hate me" I hate me for liking him, when he likes someone else instead. I can't ruin that, I'd be betraying him right? Killua heard nothing else from Kendo and Midoria as he sobbed quietly into his hands, streaking his mask as well. Do I even want to go back tonight?

Gon waited. He sat in that chair for hours, eyes on the door. Occasionally someone would come and talk to him for a while. Toga was the first one, then Twice, Mr. Compress did as well, Spinner talked to him for a few minutes, even Dabi sat with him. But Killua didn't come back. It's been 5 hours, where the hell is he? "Mori" Kurogiri murmured. He shifted a little, but didn't take his eyes off the door. "Mhm" He was dropped into a portal, then when he landed back on the chair he was facing the other direction. Kurogiri placed a bowl of something on his lap. "Eat. You didn't even have breakfast" I don't want breakfast, I want Killua to come back. Gon was about to turn again when Kurogiri spoke a second time. "You need to eat. He's been gone for a while now, I doubt he'll come back anytime soon" Gon shook his head. "No, I need to be there-" Kurogiri shoved the end of the chopsticks in his mouth, along with some noodles. "The faster you eat, the faster you can finish and keep watching. But I will not leave you alone until the entire bowl is empty"

Gon chewed a little on the noodles, and suddenly his stomach growled and he felt a sharp pang of hunger. But... Then Gon got an idea. He activated En, the bubble reached a few meters outside so if Killua came within it he'd know. Gon grabbed the chopsticks, and Kurogiri let out a sigh. "Good. I'll wait here until I see every noddle gone" Kind of reminds me of Kurapika a little, always taking care of the others. He nodded a little, then snagged a few more noodles before munching down. It's pretty good actually. "What is this?" He mumbled, prodding a little at some meat on the top. "It's called Katsudon" He hummed in response, then ate a little faster. It's pretty good. The pork tasted nice, and the seasonings on top were as well. So he ate quickly, actually enjoying the meal a little. He always kept his En on though, he couldn't believe he hadn't thought of it before. "Finally eating something Mori?" He glanced up to see Toga, who had a slightly sad expression on her face. "I can watch as well" He said, before munching on a little more of the meat.

She blinked. "How?" Gon drummed his fingers on his lap for a few seconds. "it's a technique called En. Me and Aoi actually have the same type of quirk, just different offsets. The base is an aura type power, it's very versatile. En is when you send your aura out into a bubble shape, you can sense anything within it. Could even count grains of rice in an instant. Aoi can do 50 meters, I can only do 20. Right now I'm only using 10 meters, a little bit outside the door" Kurogiri seemed intrigued. "I thought Aoi's quirk had something to do with electricity?" Gon nodded. "His offset is called Transmuter, he can alter his aura to take on different properties and make it visible to the plain eye. Usually you can't see it" He activated Ko on one of his hands as he held it up. "I'm using Ko right now, that means pushing all the aura into one specific point by the way. But you can't see it unless you use Gyo, which is a different technique" It felt nice to talk a little bit, as soon as he was done demonstrating his Ko he activated En again.

"What's your offset?" Gon sighed. "Enhancer, it pretty much just means I can make things stronger or sharper easier. I mean I could learn some Transmuter tactics if I wanted but it's difficult if it's not in your own offset" Kurogiri seemed to be very interested. "Are there any more of these offsets?" He nodded, then slipped out a piece of paper and a pencil. Gon started to draw the Nen chart. Enhancer was at the top. Emission and Transmutation were next to it, then Manipulation and Conjuration, and lastly Specialist. He pointed to the chart. "These are the placements of each offset" He said. Toga leaned in a little, and Twice had come over as well. He quickly scribbled down the percentages for how much of another offset he could learn as an Enhancer. Gon was actually a little surprised he could remember it all to be honest. "As an Enhancer I can master this much percent of the other offsets. Well, if I was smart enough and trained more"

He scribbled down the same information for Killua's Nen type. "Aoi's a Transmuter, so this is what his looks like" Kurogiri pointed to the Specialist category. "Why is it that this one didn't change?" He asked curiously. Gon smiled. "Kurapika's a Specialist, they kind of don't fit in with the rest. Every other offset either has a 0 or 1% of learning it. But if you're a Specialist..." He stuck his tongue out a little as he tried to remember the right numbers. "it looks kinda like this" He filled out what he thought it was supposed to be, and it looked right to him. "What does each of the offsets do?" Twice wondered. He pointed to each one as he explained. "Enhancer strengthens yourself and objects, Emission detaches aura from your body, Manipulation can control inanimate objects, Conjuration makes things from your aura, and Transmutation changes the aura into something else"

1759 words

To be continued...