𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

[ Chapter Seven ]

Mutant Coming Out

John kept clicking his lighter while everyone else was silent.

"So, uh. When did you first know you were a..." Mrs. Drake struggled to find the words, or she did know the words but just didn't want to say it.

"A mutant?" John cocked a brow. "Would you cut that out?" She referred to the lighter.

"You know, mutant isn't an illegal word. You can say it." Alexander told her.

John ignored Bobby's mother, and kept clicking the lighter. "You have to understand, we thought Bobby was going to a school for the gifted." Alexander resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "Technically, Bobby is gifted." He mumbled.

"Bobby is gifted." Rogue stated.

"We know that. We just didn't realize..." "We still love you, Bobby." The more Alexander thought about it, the more he realized it was like coming out, except as a mutant. Or was that just him?

"It's just... This mutant problem is a little..."

"What mutant problem?" Alexander and Logan asked in unison. "Complicated." Mrs. Drake finished.

Mr. Drake spoke up, "What exactly are you a professor of, Mr. Logan?" He questioned. "Art." Logan deadpanned.

Both John and Alexander eyed Ronny curiously.

He seemed to be keeping quiet, like a plan of attack, or an animal hunting its prey.

"Well, you should see what Bobby can do." Bobby demonstrated his powers, making his mother set the cup down, almost in fear. John just chuckled.

"This is all my fault." Mrs. Drake said.

Alexander looked at John, and whispered, "How the hell would it even be her fault?" He wondered, causing John to shrug. "Actually, they discovered that males are the ones who carry the mutant gene and pass it on, so it's his fault." As soon as John had explained that, Alexander could hear a phone ringing, and knew it was Ronny. Once he heard the woman speaking on the phone, he froze.

John looked at Alexander when he tugged on his sleeve, giving him a look, "What?" He whispered.

"Ronny's calling 911." Alexander whispered back.

The com device beeped, everyone looked at Logan. "Bobby... Have you tried... Not being a mutant?" His mother asked.

Alexander narrowed his eyes, "How the hell does a mutant just stop being a mutant? What else would he be, an aardvark?" He honestly did not understand Bobby's parents.

"We have to go now." Logan told them firmly. Alexander had an idea of why Logan was urging them to leave, and it had to do with cops. "Hey, look at me..." John held Alexander's arm, "We're gonna be okay. You are going to be okay-"

"Since when do you care, Allerdyce?" He didn't know where that tone came from. It was an unfamiliar one to him and the pyrokinetic. But maybe Alexander really wanted to know why John cared or at least seemingly cared about him, even though he kept up the tough exterior. Alexander Nik Mikaelson was clueless, wasn't he?

It was that little moment that the two of them forgot where they were, forgot that there were cops outside, that there were other people in that room.

Alexander didn't want to believe it, he couldn't. He couldn't believe John cared about him.

Because after all, everybody leaves in the end.

Alexander is clueless.

Alexander is sometimes me.

Also, if you for some reason get another update for this book, it's just me changing a few things around (cast, act) because I'm changing this to a standalone book, which means I will be getting rid of Everything Has Changed. Just a heads up. Nothing in this book will change

Okay, bye!