Chapter 6

I sat in foster care for what felt like forever. My brother went with Nobel and here I was alone. I'm not allowed to speak to or see Nobel at school.

I'm barely going anyways.

I leave foster care and head to my grandma house most of the time.

She's working on us getting out but Christmas break was tomorrow and I know it'll be tough to do that over the holidays.

I sat in my bed staring at the wall.

I shared a room with 3 other girls. We had bunk beds. All of us were the same ages.

They sneak they dudes in and showed me how to sneak out but I have no where to sneak to. "D!" One of the girls walked in.

"Wassup?" I asked.

"You straight?"

"Yeah just thinking." "You be in yo head a lot." Another stated. "Yeah what else is their to do?"

"Rich girl problems." Jass said.

I hated this bitch. From the day I walked in she been fucking with me but I try to drown that shit out.

"What's yo problem with me?" I asked her.

"My problem? I know who you are. Dahlia." She said saying my first name like that was gone scare me. "Trust me you don't."

"But I do. Perfect family huh? Rich dad, traveling mom, perfect family. She adopted 2 other people."

"If her life was so glamorous would she be here." Chrissy the first girl said. "That's her fault when you have something good you just shut the fuck up and take it." She said.

"You don't know her story." Lily said.

"I don't care." Jass said.

I stared at her.

"My rich dad is in jail for stealing millions of dollars to get a pussy. He's trans and right now he's being robbed of his meds and beauty products.

Also he's being sent to a mens prison while he has a pussy so imagine what he finna endure.

My mom? My perfect fucking mother adopted 2 boys and fucked both of them. My mother has a son who she abandoned and he doesn't even know her.

My mom cracks jokes about me being a slut.

How retarded I am cause I have dyslexia and ADHD. My mom is facing rape charges of minors and the state for being allowed to adopt them in the first fucking place.

My perfect family involves 16 year old Dahlia taking care of my 4 year old brother my grandmother who can die any day now while maintaining school and a social life.

So before you judge me learn about me."

She just looked.

Chrissy and Lily hugged me.

"My mama killed my father than my brothers than my baby sister right before she could kill me police showed up and arrested her.

I been here since." She said.

"And I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm sorry you had to witness that. Our stories may be different as hell but our pain is the same so instead of trying to make me feel bad try to uplift someone instead."

Nobel POV
I held Mason as he slept.

I had to beg to get sent with him. Although I'll be here till I'm 18 he still can get out we just waiting.