Chapter 7

Me and Nova been sneaking out to see each other. Christmas was in a few days so we been trying to get Mason a couple things.

"Dahlia." I heard his voice. I leave the window cracked to hear him.

I opened it.

"What you doing Nova?"

"Got a surprise for you." "Nova you know she gotta do another check in I can't leave yet."

He sighed.

"What time?"

"Ion know Nova. She been on my ass lately I think she know." "Dahlia." "Okay Nova come back in a few okay?" "Okay baby."

I was taken back.

"Baby?" He looked at me and smiled. "Dahlia." "No that's not what you said."

"Better close that window for yo house mama catch you." He said before jogging off laughing. "Why won't you date him?" Yall remember the bitch who tried to bully me yeah this her and I forgot her name so yeah.

"He's not my type."

"Yo type don't seem to be good for you either." "What?" I asked her.

"Yo type led you here. Maybe you need to switch it up." "With Nova? Nah I could never I rather off myself." "You be kissing and sneaking out with him."

"I kissed him like twice and we leave just fo clear our mind that's it."

"You scared of love or some?"

I stared at her.

"Cause that's what I think. I believe you scared to give yo heart away in fear that he'll break it just like your mom did, your dad did, and now your grandma."

"You don't know nothing about me."

"I know that they failed you as a child. You ain't as angry as you pretend to be. You hurt and that's okay." I just sat down.

"What you is a therapist or something?"

"No I'm angry and hurt just like you are so I know it easily when I see someone."

I played with my hands.

"You gotta just forgive em and move on. Yo mama was only a bitch because she was never ready for you in the first place. She was young making a life altering decision.

She hated you because yo daddy forced her to keep you she never wanted to be a mother Dahlia."

"How you know that?"

"After that day you schooled me I had to do some research." I laughed.

"But it's the same with yo daddy him becoming a woman just set her over edge cause you forced her to keep a child then you threw some surprising news that was too much too handle.

So what's the perfect solution? Send him to jail.

She didn't know it would turn you against her she was just trying to get back at him for hurting her."

"I guess. I mean my life was always hard even with all the money and all the friends." "Not while you have Nova though he's been yo relief in everything don't miss out on yo blessing."

I sighed.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem."

I laid on my bunk. "Dahlia." I looked up to see my house mom. "I'm here." I said. She nodded and walked out.

"Go with Nova I'll cover for you." The girl said.

"You not finna snake me or none are you?" "Nah now go so if she head back I can cover for you."