Chapter Seven

Ink woke up the next morning in his bed. A ton of thoughts were racing through his head. Ink yawned quietly. He pulled the covers off of himself and got out of bed. He quickly got changed and walked downstairs. The smell of fresh waffles entered his nostrils. Ink followed the smell down the stairs and into the kitchen. 

He noticed Blue happily humming to himself while making breakfast. He had yet to notice Ink enter the room. Ink went over to the living room and sat down on the sofa. He didn't want to spook Blue while he was making breakfast. Ink had once spooked Blue when he was cooking before and it did not end well at all. Blue had ended up spilling food all over the floor and Ink had to clean all of it up.

Ink picked up a sketchbook he had left in the living room and started drawing while waiting for Blue to finish making breakfast. It didn't take long for Ink to completely zone into drawing unaware of what was going on around him. A loud beeping noise was heard from the kitchen causing him to jump, accidently drawing a line across the page.

Ink sighed. He quickly erased the line and placed the sketchbook on the couch, opting to go check out what was going on in the kitchen. When Ink walked in he saw Blue placing a bunch of waffles on plates. This time he noticed Ink and waved to him. Ink waved back.

He walked over to the counter and sat on a stool. "Good morning, Blue." 

Blue smiled at him and slid a plate towards him. "Good morning, Ink."

Ink looked down at the waffles. They were golden brown and smelled absolutely delicious. There was whipped cream on top of them and sprinkles. "These look just like how Dream-"

Blue sighed.

"Sorry.."

"It's fine. I know you didn't mean to." 

Ink nodded while eating the waffles. He still felt guilty for mentioning Dream but he also really didn't want to continue the conversation. 

Blue started eating his food too. Once they had both finished eating they went over to the living room and sat on the couch. Blue was looking for a movie to watch. Ink was looking at the TV reading the descriptions of the movies when he suddenly heard a knock on the door.

Ink sighed. "I'll go get it."

"Alright."

He walked over to the front door and opened it. There in his doorway stood the self proclaimed king of negativity.

"Nightmare what are you-"

Before Ink could even finish speaking, Nightmare picked him up by the tentacle and had already closed the door.

"Hey put me down!"

Nightmare rolled his eyelight and placed Ink gently back on the ground. 

"What was that about?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean how you picked me up and dragged me out of my house."

"We are going to go get Dream back." Nightmare stated firmly.

"And uh what makes you think he won't refuse to come back again?"

"I won't give him the chance to."

"What do you mean by that?" Ink asked.

"I'll bringing my gang and if he refuses again I will just-"

"No."

"What?" 

"I said no. You're not doing that."

"What happened to saving the multiverse?"

"We will. It's just not necessary to-"

"You don't trust me." Nightmare stated bluntly.

"What? I never said that."

"You didn't have to."

"I do trust you it's just-"

"No you don't." Nightmare hissed. "If you trusted me we would've already left by now."

"It's not that.. It's the portal. Making that portal was exhausting and holding it open for longer or making it bigger would-"

"Stop making excuses."

"I'm not making excuses!"

"Good luck getting Dream back on your own. Since you obviously don't want my help." 

"Wait! Nightmare!"

Nightmare had teleported away before Ink could even get the chance to stop him.

Ink sighed. He walked back to his house and opened the door. Blue was standing in the doorway waiting for him.

"Where have you been? I was worried sick. You can't just run off like that.."

"I'm sorry it was Nightmare and uh he sort of grabbed me and then we kinda had an argument."

"About what?" Blue asked.

"I really don't want to talk about it."

Blue nodded. He looked pretty concerned.

"I'm going to my room." Ink said. He barely gave Blue anytime to respond before walking upstairs to his room.

Ink closed the door behind him and sat on his bed. For once in a very long time he didn't feel like drawing, or checking up on the Au's. He sighed, laying down on his bed and staring up at the ceiling. 

"Why didn't I just let him..?" Ink asked himself quietly. He sighed, grabbing onto a pillow and hugging it. He really didn't want to think about Nightmare anymore. He hadn't felt this bad since Dream left. Ink shook his head, he didn't want to think about Dream either.