Chapter Ten

Ink's face flushed slightly. "You do?"

Nightmare nodded shly.

He gently interlaced his hand with Nightmare's. "Can you stay for a little bit?" He asked while unintentionally slightly squeezing his hand.

"Yes but not too long. I have to go back to my castle soon."

He nodded in acknowledgment. He laid his head on Nightmare's shoulder and hummed quietly. "We can go inside if you want? I know Dream is in there but he won't bother you if we go to my room."

"You look tired, Ink"

He nodded. "I haven't been sleeping that well since Dream left. I did pass out a few times but- 

Ink squeaked when Nightmare picked him up. His face flushed slightly. "Night?"

"You are going to bed." He said while walking toward the house. 

"But I want to stay with you."

"We can do whatever you want when you wake up." He said.

"Didn't you say you have to go back though?"

"Yes you can come see me when you wake up."

"Okay." He mumbled while resting his head against Nightmare's chest.

Nightmare opened the door with one of his tentacles and closed it behind him. He almost made it to the stairs without being noticed. 

Dream and Blue stared at the both of them. Ink didn't seem to notice which wasn't surprising seeing as his face was pressed against Nightmare's chest.

He decided to ignore both of them. Since he didn't want to bother Ink. He slowly made his way upstairs. He assumed Ink's room was upstairs but he wasn't entirely sure. Most houses that have two stories usually have bedrooms upstairs.

Nightmare glanced at the four doors in the hallway upstairs. One of the doors was just a normal wood door, the three others were decorated.

Nightmare automatically could tell which one was Ink's. His door was covered in paint splatters. He opened the door with one of his tentacles. He was absolutely baffled by the mess that was Ink's room. "How do you live in here?!"

"Whaddya mean?" 

"This is an absolute mess, Ink."

"Yea just like my mind. It's better than it used to be."

"If you weren't sleep deprived I would be reprimanding you for this."

"Fair." Ink mumbled.

Nightmare gently rested Ink on his bed. He pulled the blankets over him. "I should go now." He muttered.

Ink nodded, while rubbing his face against the pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dream slowly opened the door to the house. He took in a deep breath and closed the door behind him.

"Blue?"

He walked around the house and soon found Blue on the couch. Blue noticed him right away.

"So you're just going to come in here and act like you didn't leave us." 

"I never meant to hurt you."

"Well you did Dream, you did and not just me you hurt Ink too."

"I was only thinking about myself. I was being selfish. I'm sorry."

Blue sighed. "I missed you."

Dream wrapped his arms around him. "I promise I won't leave you ever again."

He hugged him back and rested his head on Dream's shoulder.

The reunion between the two was interrupted by the sound of footsteps. The two walked over to who they assumed was Ink but turned out to be Nightmare. Nightmare was holding Ink in his arms and looked somewhat flustered. Likely because his brother and his friend witnessed him carrying Ink. 

He ignored the others and walked upstairs. As soon as Nightmare disappeared, Dream turned to Blue. "They're
dating right?"

"Probably."

"What do you mean probably?"

"They both obviously like each other but they might not be "officially" dating." Blue said.

"I guess that makes sense."

"Mhm. You should have seen Ink's face when I teased him about liking Nightmare."

"I just hope everything works out between them. I don't want either of them getting hurt."

Blue nodded. "I get that. It must be weird seeing your brother and best friend that close."

"Yeah it's weird but what's even weirder is that I missed them getting close. I missed days of them getting closer, the last time I saw them, they knew each other but not like that. It's like it happened so fast but that's just because I wasn't here. I missed so much."

Blue patted him on the shoulder. "It's okay. You're here now." 

"You're too nice, Blue."

He laughed. "I'm too nice? Have you seen yourself?"

"You're right I can be a little too nice at times but it's kinda hard not to since I am the guardian of positivity and all." Dream stated.

"It's not just because of what you are, it's who you are, Dream. Your job doesn't make you who you are, you make yourself the way you are." 

"Maybe you're right."

Blue smiled. "I'm always right."

He giggled. "I didn't realize how much I missed you until now. I'm sorry-"

"I love you Dream but please stop saying you're sorry."

"I'm sorr- I'm- nevermind!"

Blue started giggling again.

"Hey!" He exclaimed. His face was bright yellow.

"It's not my fault you're adorable."

"You think I'm adorable?" Dream asked. His face turned even darker. He looked extremely flustered.

Blue's face flushed. He nodded.

He stared at him, his face turning darker by the minute.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. It's not like I've never been called cute before but it's different coming from you."

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know." Dream mumbled, he fiddled with his gloved fingers. "It just is."

"Do you like me Dream?"

"W-what? Of course I like you!"

"Not like that. Like-like-like?"

He blinked. "What?"

"Do you like me in any other way that's not related to friendship?"

"I don't know. I think so? I should know if I do, right?"

"You don't have to know. Sometimes it's hard to tell." Blue explained.

"Really? I thought it was supposed to be obvious if you liked someone."

"If it was those stories where a character only realized they love someone when it's too late wouldn't exist. Sometimes it's easy to tell, sometimes it's not."

"I guess that makes sense. I'm sorry I can't give you a definite answer." Dream said.

"It's okay."