ch3 ; a step foward

[Y/N's POV]

you were now in school, sitting down in math class, waiting for one of your friends to sit beside you. your e/c eyes catch sight to see your close friend mai walking in the classroom. with reassurance, you look down back at the desk to sort out your binders, notebooks and pencil case. afew seconds later you feel a breeze brush past you and a strong scent of cologne which was.. now right beside you ?  you turn your head to see... suna.

"rin..? why are you here ?" you ask 

"just to sit with you of course!" he smiles while looking deep into your e/c eyes. 

"w-why?" you couldn't help but stutter. his green eyes were beautiful. you never realised. you've never even seen him this close, and now he's talking to you. 

"cmon i wanna be besties remember?" 

you dont know what it is but part of yourself is really terrified and somehow slightly nervous. you still weren't sure whether you wanted to talk to him in person yet. is he trying to make me fall in love with him just to break my heart? why is he doing this? he has his fan girls to go to and his huge group of hot friends. he could be-

suddenly you feel a soft hand being brushed against your hair gradually yet delicately moving behind your ear. 

"hey.. you okay y/n?"

"rin. what are you doi-"

"hey class. please take your seats and turn your textbook to page 239!"

the teacher interrupts you and brings you back to reality, you look around the classroom to see mai sitting with your other friend. great, so while she's still able to have fun in class, you're stuck with suna rintarou the whole lesson. 

[SUNA RINTAROU's POV]

there she was. sitting alone. she looked so perfect, i just have to take a step forward and make a move. without thinking i walk up to her and sit down on the seat beside her. she looked at me confused, cute as usual. but now i was up close. i was seeing her so close our faces were inches apart and she looks so cute. the way she's so short she looks up at me. it's adorable. i want to just be able to protect her and call her mine. call me a simp or whatever, i don't care.

[Y/N's POV]

you still can't believe he chose to sit next to you today. he just sent you an email last night. god, the audacity. you can already tell you are receiving a few glares from the females in the classroom. you also notice some additional guys checking you out, just some of suna's friends.

 you've honestly always stayed quiet. even though your group is popular, you don't necessarily expose your life to everyone so you guess you've kinda been an outsider. while getting lost in your overwhelming thoughts, you hear the class bell. were you really thinking about suna for an hour? you got no work done. without hesitation you angrily get up from your desk, gather the things together at your table and leave the classroom. 

while you exit the room at your fastest pace, you feel a tight grip on your wrist. you turn around just to see him. why is my heart beating this fast. y/n stop it. he's just another loser in my class. it's best to release myself from his grip and leave. your second class starts in 5 minutes.. but, his grip is so tight to the point you can't even move. so, instead, you decide to use the power of your words.

"u-um. can i help you?" 

"why are you busy today?"

"huh..?" you ask in full confusion

"well, you said you can't hang out with me because you're busy." he looks into your eyes so deep. you never noticed his voice was deep like that. it's kind of h-
no. it's not. what am i thinking. suddenly you feel another grip on your left wrist. the atmosphere was dark and dreary.
"let her go, she's my best friend, not yours. you already took my seat, so i can take her from here, thanks!" it's mai. you could already tell by her soft angelic voice. to be honest, she's the best friend you could ever ask for.

you hear suna scoff admitting defeat, then dawdling away slowly. 

"thanks mai. i'm so glad that's over."
"i can't believe suna talked to you, though! like you guys would look so cute together. but seeing you look like a fool put me in so much pain. you really need to talk more to guys, y/n." 
"what do you mean, i already do?" you ask considering you have had lots of male friends from the school you were going to go to before you decided on inarizaki.

"i know. but i mean.. in that way." you knew a smirk was developing on her lips now. 
she has always wanted to have double dates with her boyfriend. he has like grey hair and a twin or something. weird. but i mean you do you bestie mai! it was time to walk to class and you sit beside mai. you however did notice suna was sitting alone, which activates an emotion as if you feel bad, that until a guy with yellow hair sat next to him. a small smile is unintentionally shown on your lips, although you diminish the thought, and continue talking to mai. 

[ timeskip after school ]

school is now over, finally. you pack up your things with mai, but before you could stand up you see three tall figures in front of you. so they really are twins. wait but that was the one who sat next to-

"hey baby!" mai screeches to the guy with grey hair
"hi gorgeous, hey guys i'm gonna leave first, me and mai have a date." 
mai mouths a silent sorry to you and walks beside the guy with their hands intertwined.

you sigh and decide to stand up, walking out the classroom until someone calls out your name. but to your surprise it wasn't suna.

"hey, pretty lady!" you turn around since you three were the only ones there, locking eyes towards suna and another handsome guy with yellow hair, so.. atsumu. you're surprised he wasn't with a girl right now.
"i'm tsumu but i'm sure you know that already, walk out of school with us? we can take you home." he explains with a serious tone but somehow he has a calm smile on his face.
he was trying his best to be friendly.
"ah, it's fine, i can walk myself, besides i have somewhere to go first." you lied, you were going to go to the library until you realised it's wednesday and your brother won't be home. the house would be to yourself, so why wouldn't you make the most of it. 

"oh pleaseee!" atsumu seemed pretty stubborn but you give in and eventually say yes.
"fine, i'll go straight home, lets go then." you sigh and walk out, hearing their footsteps catch up to me. you begin to wonder why suna hasn't said anything yet. you were kind of worried, just kind of, but then you realise he hadn't replied to your email earlier either. that's when you decide to do something out of empathy, but it turned out to be much more nice than you expected. 

"rin, we can hang out if you want to still. i have nothing else to do."

you quickly cover your mouth after coming to final realisation of what you just said, by this time your body has already froze and both of them were looking at you in shock with widened eyes. suna exhales with a small grin. 

"bet." i hear suna say in return.