𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧!

long chapter oopsies (3.5k)

also this is the fastest i've gotten to 100 readers wtf. and i know i'm going to look back at this and be like LMAO ONLY 100? but like. yeah. anyways. gracias :)))))

NO WAY I DIDNT PUBLISH THIS IM ABOUT TO AND IM AT LIKE 800 LMAOOO thank you all so so much :)) please vote and comment! it means the world to me to know some like my writing hhhhhrrrrgggggg
----------------------------------

uh huh! by quadeca was what woke iris up. groaning like she did all morning, she buried her head under the pillow and cursed whatever god existed for letting her wake up this morning. as she cursed under her breath, realizing the AC had stopped working and she was practically soaking in sweat, she waited for the chorus of the song like she did every morning.

but something interrupted her: a boy groaning and snapping at her, "for fuck's sake, turn it off."

iris slowly lifted her head, searching for where her phone was in her covers. she unplugged it, running a hand through her tangled hair, and squinted down at the phone. it was dark as well and her camera was off, but her brain quickly connected the dots.

clay hadn't hung up after she fell asleep.

"morning, sleeping beauty," she said, morning voice slightly raspy. she cleared her throat and reached for the bottle of water she always had at the side of her bed.

"you have a shit wake-up alarm song."

iris's cheeks flushed at his morning voice. "my bad. didn't realize you were still on call." both of them paused. "i have to get ready for work."

"keep me on," he whined, shuffling his phone around. "what time is it even?"

"two." she yawned, standing up and stretching. "i work until eight or nine tonight, i can't remember."

"where d'you work?"

"it's a secret." she started brushing her hair. "i think your friend sap knows, though."

"that's not fair," he muttered.

"indeed." she sighed. "hang up whenever, but i'm keeping you on the line for now. i'll mute so you get your beauty sleep."

"ha ha," he said sarcastically, sighing deeply before the line went silent and he fell back asleep. iris put herself on mute and started doing her regular routine before work—her hair, her skincare, and changing into the uniform she always had to wear. rowan was picking her up again, but she'd have to ask him about possibly staying the night at his house, considering her AC was broken and florida heat was something she absolutely despised.

she hated how much she relied on rowan and she knew it was annoying—but she really wanted to finish the school year before she dropped out. god knew her parents refused to give her the money, especially after what went down the christmas before her freshman year. rowan didn't know what happened—didn't know what vile and disgusting things her family had said to her. "whatever," she breathed, doing her makeup. college had utterly ruined her mental health, so at this point, the only reason she wanted to finish it was to prove her parents wrong. that she was everything her sister was not, and more.

she made a smoothie and ate yogurt for breakfast, waiting until her phone dinged, signaling rowan was outside. clay was still on the call, soft snores coming through the speaker. she unmuted herself, smiling, and whispered, "gonna head to work. bye, clay."

he muttered something incomprehensible, but his breathing stuttered, and then he was back asleep. iris grinned and ended the call, sending him a quick text before running outside, waving at rowan's car. he nodded in return, looking away all too quickly.