Chapter Eight

I carried Birdie outside and into my car. They are putting our city in lockdown and I want to get our necessary groceries before people start to panic buy. We were going to go to Costco and our normal grocery store. I got into the driver's seat and turned the car on.

I turned around as Birdie sat in her rear-facing car seat. She was playing on her tablet and eating a protein bar. "Ready to go?" I asked. "Yeah!" She smiled and I chuckled before driving to the grocery store.

"Thanks for helping me." I smiled at Birdie as she brought in a bunch of bananas. "Welcome." She smiled and walked to the couch to sit down. I started separating everything before putting it up. When I finished, I made Birdie a Turkey and cheese sandwich, sour cream and onion pringles, and dried pineapple.

"Tanks mama." She smiled when I put it on the coffee table. She started eating as I got out the necessary amount of enzymes and opened them, putting the inside beads into her applesauce. I mixed it up before feeding it to her.

I waited by the door as Baylor opened it. "Baby!" I smiled and ran into his arms. He picked me up as I wrap my legs around him. I kissed him and he put me down. "How was work?" I looked up at him. He still had the marks from all of the PPE he had to wear. "Work." He sighed. I nodded and he kissed my forehead before walking to the bathroom to take a shower.

"What are we making?" I asked Birdie as her daddy held her. She smiled at both of us. "Cake!" "Same thing but it's brownies." I grabbed a mixing bowl. He sat her on the counter and we all started to make the brownie mix. I put it in a pan and added some M&Ms around before putting it in the oven. I turned my head to see Birdie sticking her hand in the mixing bowl.

I laughed and took a picture. "Your daddy is definitely giving you a bath tonight."