Chapter Seventeen

Baylor made us Birdie's favorite breakfast: stuffed French toast with cream cheese and strawberries and bacon. After we ate and I cleaned her up, I opened up her play doh while she did her morning treatment. I wish we could take a break for her birthday but if we miss one day, she could get really sick.

I handed her a tub and a few cutting and rolling toys so she could play. She excitedly took out the aqua blue sparkly playdoh and started to play.

While Birdie took her nap, Baylor and I set up Birdie's pool. I filled it with water and set up her sprinkler. I also grabbed her bubble machine and poured some bubble solution in it. I turned it on before going inside to get her.

Birdie screamed when Baylor sprayed the water gun at her. She grabbed her tiny one and ran up to him, squirting him in the back. "Ah you got me!" He laughed. She giggled before running back into her pool and splashing around. I smiled as I watched them. I heard some car horns and I looked up.

"Birdie, someone's here for you." She looked at me as we went to the top of the driveway. First it was Baylor's parents, Sloane and Cole, and his younger sister, Hope. They had streamers hanging from their antenna and a happy birthday sign on the side of their car.

"Sassy! Coco!" She smiled and jumped up and down. Baylor grabbed a gift bag from them before they drove off. Next was my older sister, Molly, and her boyfriend, Thomas. Her car had rainbow balloons on it.

"Happy birthday princess!" Molly smiled and waved to her before giving Baylor a gift. She waved back and giggled. Next was Baylor's younger brother, Brogan. His car had a rainbow garland hanging on the side and a large teddy bear hanging out of the window. He waved and Baylor grabbed it.

Lastly was my mom and dad. Birdie screamed when she saw her Gigi and boppy. They had a pink number three balloon on the side as well as a rainbow balloon on the back window.

"Happy birthday baby." My mom smiled and handed Baylor a gift bag. She waved and blew a kiss before they drove off.

"Did you like that? It was a parade for you." I smiled. Birdie was smiling widely. "Yeah!"