Chapter Fourteen

"Guess who is turning three?" I asked as I helped Baylor cook dinner. "Hmmm, I don't know. Are you sure it's not you El?" Baylor asked. I looked over at Birdie who had a huge smile on her face.

"I think it's you. They have the same first initial as you and they're super cute." I chuckled. Baylor laughed. "Me mama me!" Birdie yelled at us. "Oh it's you." I smiled as she ran to us. I picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"What do you want to do for your birthday?" I looked at her. "Gigi and boppy house." I bit my lip. "We can't go baby." She frowned, sticking out her bottom lip.

"We're going to have fun here baby, we can play with chalk." Baylor looked at her. She nodded and sniffed. "I might make you a rainbow cake." She gasped and looked up at me. "Bow cake!" She clapped. I smiled, kissed her cheek, and put her down on the floor to play.

Baylor fixed himself a container of dinner as Birdie and I ate. He put it in his lunchbox and grabbed a bottle of water. "I'll see you two after work." He kissed the tops of our heads. "I love you." I watched as he grabbed his keys. "I love you more." He waved goodbye before leaving.

After Birdie finished eating and took her enzymes, I let her play while I set up her nighttime treatments. I looked over at her as she set up her baby dolls so they could "eat". Even though she's only two, I think a lot about her future. She's going to have to go through this for the rest of her life.

"Cmon baby." I said to her and she went over to the couch. I put her nebulizer mask on and her airway clearance vest before turning them both on.