Chapter Nine

I pushed a large brown box into the house and closed the door. Birdie toddler over to me and I grabbed the box cutter. "It's your medical stuff." I said to her as I opened it. Inside was boxes of Albuterol and Dornase Alfa for her nebulizer and a few other equipment for it. I put everything away and broke down the box.

I put on a mask while I went into a store by myself. I needed to stock up on our cleaning supplies. Because I clean the house so often, I run out constantly. I went to the cleaning aisle and noticed that they were rationing off bleach and ammonia. I sighed softly and grabbed a bottle of each before grabbing one of the last containers of Clorox wipes. I went up the the cash register and bought everything.

"Stores are running out of things." I said to Baylor as we sat in the living room. "Really?" He looked at me. I nodded.

"I've seen it on the news that people are nervous buying but I didn't think they would do it here." I sighed and nodded. "We just have to make sure we have enough for us and my parents." I felt Baylor's hand on my knee and I just noticed that I was bouncing my leg.

"It's going to be ok baby." He said and I nodded. I heard Birdie giggle and I smiled softly, looking at her monitor. She was laying in her crib with her favorite blanket and was playing with her teddy bear.

"Is she up?" Baylor asked and I nodded. He stood up before going into her room.

"Have a good night." I kissed Birdie's forehead. "Night night." She smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back and hugged Baylor too. "I'll see you after work." He pecked me gently. "I love you two." I smiled before grabbing my car keys and going to work.