Over thinking

Trigger warning: mentions of self-doubt, homophobic language, religious items, and panic attacks

A6d laid in his bed after helping his mom. Right now it is almost 12am and he still isn't asleep. He doesn't know if he can sleep. Sapnap assured him that he'll love him and that the two would live together when they graduate from high school, but what if he's lying. Over-thinking is something that a6d does a lot, even when it comes to smaller things. If Sapnap's parents finds out about their relationship, then he won't be able to see Sapnap for who knows how long or if he'll ever see Sapnap again. Feeling sleep falling upon him, a6d closed his eyes.

~Nightmare~

A6d walked through a seemingly empty and abandoned church. He wrapped his arms around him as the ominous feeling kept increasing with every step. The deteriorating paintings of Jesus and the broken crosses didn't help with the uncertainty in the building that he was in. What caught a6d's eyes was a broken stained glass window of the Virgin Mary holding baby Jesus. The window was aged from the lack of care before something hit the window. He remembers him and Sapnap walking at night to see the beautiful stained window, even though the people at the church would call them "fags", "sinners", and "abominations of god". A6d was to invested at the broken window to noticed a group of hooded people walking behind him.

"Hello, Vincent." A6d's eyes widen at the mysterious person's voice. Quickly turning around to see a tall figure in blood red hooded robes with a Flagellation of Christ in their right hand. The teen stepped back, only to be met with another person and so he turned around to see Sapnap. Instead of kind, funny and cute Sapnap that he knows, he was met with the exact opposite of Sapnap. The warmth of his eyes was replaced with cold and hatred, a6d quickly stepped away only to fall backwards onto a broken bench. Sapnap looked at him in disgust at the rainbow bracelet on his wrist. A bracelet that Sapnap gave him only five months ago for their anniversary.

"S-sapnap?" A6d's voice trembled in fear as Sapnap walked closer to him. His footsteps rang out through the church as black smoke appeared sucking everyone in, leaving the two teens alone. Tears streamed down his pale face as two Flagellation of Christ appeared in both of his hands.

"Can't believe I fell for a fag like you." Sapnap said with no emotions in his voice as his left hand was lifted over his head to strike him.

~Nightmare end~

A6d's screams woke up everyone in his house. Hot tears streamed down his face onto his bed as he heard three pairs of footsteps entered his room, but he couldn't hear his parents or his brother's voices. The room felt small and as if it was spinning, his breathing quick and short, everything blurred and lightheaded. Hearing two pairs of feet becoming faint, he saw his older brother making numbers with his hands.

In for four.

Hold for seven.

Out for eight.

Repeat.

In for four.

Hold for seven.

Out for eight.

Repeat.

Soon, a6d's panic attack slowed down. Things grew back to size, things stopped spinning and he didn't feel lightheaded. He looked at Louis to see him giving him a soft smile and had his arms open for a hug. A6d didn't hesitate and nearly toppled Louis over with a hug. Feeling a hand rubbing up and down his back helped a6d to be grounded.

"Want to talk about it?" Louis's normally loud voice was soft and quiet. A6d nodded. The two brothers separated from the hug and a6d took a few deep breaths before speaking.

"I was walking in an old church, it looked like the on Sapnap goes to. Everything was old, broken or missing. I was looking at a stained glass window when some hooded people appeared. I got scared and back away only to hit someone. It was Sapnap. He looked grossed out at me. I tripped on something. Black smoke came and only Sapnap and I was in the middle of the smoke. He had the Flagellation of Christ in both of his hands. He called me a fag and was about to hit me." More tears fell from his eyes as he the nightmare still rang in his mind. He doesn't want to lose Sapnap.

"You're scared that he'll change if his parents or anyone at the church finds out. I don't know him that well, but he doesn't seem to be the type of person to hate someone he loves. Talk to him about you fears, Vin. He needs to know." Louis stated. The two hugged each other as sleep fell upon them.