Chapter 5 - The Start

"Oh Penti I'm hooome~!"

You marched into the 'totally evil' blimp, arms full of groceries and your outfit unfortunately coated in a thick layer of blood and grime. You had to kill a doctor, a slut and some psychotic chick with an obsession for hammers before you could return to your dearest friends abode. And you felt amazing! It was upsetting that you had to come over like this, you know the danger noodle doesn't like the gore all that much, but you couldn't miss tonight! It was your fortnightly sleep over after all!

"Sorry for the mess! I didn't have time to clean myself off! You wouldn't believe the time it takes to kill the humans now, it used to be so easy but now they can't accept the past for the past, so frustrating."

You hummed merrily to yourself, putting the bags on the counter in the kitchen that Pentious had redesigned into his old Victorian era look. Thankfully it seems he didn't try tampering with the fridge or oven...again.

Though as you shuffled through your store brought items, it quickly became apparent that it was far too quiet in the blimp.

Normally Penti would be rushing out to greet you with open arms and a smile, the eggboi's would be helping you or you'd hear your favourite snake demon tinkering with something down in the depths of his little workshop. But today it was silent and still.

"Penti?"

With a sigh you left the groceries on the counter and marched off into the blimp, checking every corner and every room for any sign of Pentious or the eggs. With no success.

You were starting to become worried, Pentious wasn't the quiet type at all, so the fact you couldn't find him yet was...scary.

Though, you didn't have to worry about any dark thoughts or possibilities as you saw a long trail of eggboi's all lined up and crowding the door where you guessed Penti was hiding away in.

"What's going on here?"

All at once they turned to you, yelling out in surprise and relief as they didn't even give you an answer, instead forming a tidal wave of small fragile bodies and pushing you urgently towards the door.

"It's the boss's lover!"

"They can help him!"

"They can do anything!"

"W-wait what?! Lover?!"

Needless to say this sudden action and how they talked left you stunned and with no small amount of embarrassment, but you couldn't get another word in as they threw open the door and tossed you in, slamming it closed once you were roughly deposited onto the floor.

"I said leave me alone you useless shells! Didn't I already command you to tell (Y/N)-"

"Tell (Y/N) what?"

You pouted, hands resting on your hips after you pulled yourself up and looked up at Pentious who was on his bed and curled up with...tissues surrounding him? Oh please don't say that-

"(Y/N)?!"

Pentious leapt up and spun around to face you, eyes wide and hood springing open in shock and fear as he caught sight of you standing there with your sassy stance and Cheshire smile like always.

"Nah, it's Doug here to-...to...Holy fuck-...PENTIOUS WHAT IN ALL THE CIRCLES OF HELL HAPPENED?!?"

Your smile had first started to slowly slip away, hands going limp as you felt your jolly and slightly embarrassed warmth from before fading into a icy cold worry that stabbed at your sinful heart and brought anger into the forefront of your mind.