Chapter 4

I sighed a little as I started packing up my things after practice. I'd been with the team for a little over a week now and I really started bonding with them. They were all really nice and there was the occasional argument between Tsukishima and Kageyama, but nothing I couldn't handle. I haven't really had the time to practice since I'm trying to figure out my duties as a manager with the help of Kiyoko and Yachi. But It's about time I get back out on the ice so my skills don't get rusty. I've been meaning to ask Kiyoko if there was an ice skating rink around here. Just then she walked out of the gym.

"Um, hey Kiyoko-san." I said, getting her attention.

"Hey, Y/n. What's up?" She asked once she turned around. 

"Do you know if there's an ice skating rink around here?" 

"Oh, there's one not too far from here. I can send you the location if you like."

"Thank you so much!" I beamed. 

We exchanged numbers and she sent me the location.

"Bye! Thanks again." I smiled as I walked off. 

I can get my daily practice in now and it's only 20 minutes from my house! But the times of everything might need to shift. It was getting a late and the sun was starting to set. I could go to the rink after afternoon practice. I couldn't get back until late and by then I'll probably be too tired to do homework. I'll just set my alarm and hour before I need to get ready for morning practice. I can do my homework then. I should be able to finish it within an hour. Then I can get ready for practice and school. Anything I don't finish, I can do before classes start. I'll get at least 4 hours of sleep and I can catch up on the sleep I missed during the weekends. Easy peasy. 

I finished my thought process just as a familiar tangerine called my name.

"Y/n-san!"

"Hey Shoyo." I smiled. 

"You live around here?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just before the mountain." 

"I live just over the mountain!"

I chuckled at his energy. Even after giving it his all at practice, he still had tons of energy. When does his stamina run out?

"Do you want me to walk you home?" He asked. 

"You don't have to. I wouldn't want you to go out of your way or anything."

"No really, it's fine," he smiled.

"Okay then," I smiled back.

"I could give you a ride." He gestured to his bike.

"Thanks but I don't wanna make it a challenge for you. Besides, I have my own little way of transportation." I winked, making him blush.

I pressed the buttons at the back of my shoes, making the roller skating wheels pop out. (See picture at the top)

"Gwah! That's so cool!" He beamed as I locked the wheels into place.

"You think so?" I chuckled. 

They just pop out and you can put them back in!" He said in awe.

I smiled and straightened up. I skated and kept up with Hinata as he rode his bike. Every now and aging he would ask if he was going too fast and I would reassure him that I could keep up and it was nothing to worry about. 

"You're really good at roller skating," Hinata noticed.

"You could say I have some experience." 

"Really?"

"Yeah, I skated a lot back home." 

As we made our way to the mountain we continued talking about our day. 

"Well, this is where we part ways." I said stopping at the intersection before the mountain. 

"Aw. Do you wanna walk to practice tomorrow then?" Hinata asked.

"Of course!" I smiled. 

"Bye Y/n-san!" He called as I skated down the road towards my house. 

"Bye Hinata! I'll see you tomorrow!" I turned and waved back a him with a smile.