Chapter 23

We had a practice match against Fukurodani. Bokuto was being wholesomely adorable as always.

"Y/n! Y/n, did you see my sipke? It was awesome wasn't it?" He beamed.

"Yes, Bokuto. I was watching." I chuckled.

"HEY HEY HEY! I'M THE COOLEST ACE EVER!"

I smiled and shook my head. I don't know how he always has so much energy.

-timeskip-

We managed to win the practice match but just barely. The final score was 27-29.

That was the only thing on our schedule today, so I decided to go finish meeting Shiratorizawa.

"Hey guys!" I beamed walking over to the group, who also seemed to have finished a match.

"Hm? You're the girl from earlier. L/n-chan, right?" The reader asked.

"Oh, you can just call me Y/n." I said.

"What brings you over here Y/n-san?" His intimidating friend asked.

"Since we never properly met earlier, I figured I'd get to know you guys. Especially since we'll be seeing each other around." I smiled. "Besides, I never got your names."

Introductions went around as the other players started talking to me, asking where I was from, how life was going for me, that basic stuff.

"What do you do in your free time?" Semi asked.

"Well, I mostly binge watch anime and read manga. I've done a couple cosplays. Um, I like designing and art. And reading." I answered, intentionally leaving out my skating career.

Tendou's eyes lit up when I said that and Semi smirked at him.

"You're into manga too?" He beamed.

"Yeah."

"We're officially best friends." He grinned, slinging an arm around my shoulder, making me giggle.

"Okay then." I smiled.

"N/n-chan!" Oikawa shouted, making me turn towards his voice.

"Oh, hey Kawa." I waved, Tendou's arm still resting on my shoulders.

"What are you doing over here? Are these guys bothering you?" Oikawa asked, glaring at the other members.

"Of course not. We're actually friends now." I beamed.

"Why Y/n-chan? Why them of all people?" He whined.

"Oikawa. You should've come to Shiratorizawa. You too Y/n." Ushijima said plainly.

"I'm not going to Shiratorizawa you-"

My phone started ringing, stopping the argument and making everyone look at me. I slipped my phone out of my pocket and checked the caller ID. I smiled softly at the contact name.

"I gotta take this." I said, excusing myself and walking out of the gym before answering my phone.

"Hey Vic, long time no see." I beamed to my brother on the other side of the line.

"Y/n! For a second I thought you weren't going to answer." Victor said and I could hear the smile in his voice. "You're a volleyball manager now, right? Am I interrupting anything?"

"Nah, you're good. Anyway, what's up?"

"I just got engaged!"

"Seriously? To who? Wait- You and Yuri?" I guessed. 

"Yeah. We got matching rings too."

"I knew that was a kiss when he was coming off the ice." I grinned. 

"You watched that?" He asked, surprised. 

"I said I would watch your competitions." I chuckled. "Now when's the wedding so I can clear my schedule." 

"Once Yuri wins gold."

"And when is that gonna be?" I facepalmed.

"Hopefully this season." 

"I'll be watching. But let me know when you get an actual wedding day." I chuckled.

"Okay, bye. The pork cutlet bowls are ready." 

"Bye Victor." I giggled.

I skipped back into the gym with a smile on my face, which didn't go unnoticed by Kuroo who was by the door for some reason.

"Hey chibi-chan. What's got you beaming?" He asked.

"My brother just got engaged!" I grinned, not caring enough to comment on the nickname he keeps giving me.

"Oh. Congratulations." He smiled.

I thanked him before going off to talk with the rest of the managers.

-590 words-