Chapter 12

I got to the cafe right on time.

Your outfit:

"I'm glad you could make it Y/n

"I'm glad you could make it Y/n." Kiyoko smiled.

She was gorgeous. (outfit above)

"Thanks for inviting me. You look beautiful." 

"Thank you. You look stunning as well." 

I blushed and thanked her.

"Shall we go inside?"

We walked inside the cafe and sat at a booth. We talked about our days for a few minutes and a waitress came and took our orders.

"Sorry for the wait, What can I get for you ladies?" She smiled politely.

We put in our orders and the waitress told us it would be out shortly.

"So what do you think so far?" Kiyoko asked.

"It's great. This cafe is really nice."

"I'm glad you like it. Do you want to stop by the park after this?" 

"Sure. I love walking through nature, especially at night. Everything just seems prettier." I beamed.

She chuckled at my excitement.

"So what do you do outside of school and practice?" I asked.

"Hm. I usually don't do much, but I do enjoy a good novel or doodling." She answered after thinking for a few seconds.

"I like reading too. I'd have to see enemies to lovers and soulmate AUs are my favorite though." I said absentmindedly.

"Oh, you read fanfiction?"

I blushed, realizing what I'd just said.

"U-uh, occasionally. I wouldn't say I'm invested or anything though." I lied.

Truth is, I read fanfiction almost daily. I just didn't want her to think I've got a weird obsession or anything. That's something I might bring up on a second date... maybe. Just not something to share yet.

"What about you? What do you usually do in your free time?" Kiyoko asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, um. I do figure skating."

"You're that Russian figure skater, right? People know you as Aphrodite on Ice."

"You've heard of me?" I asked, surprised.

"Unlike the boys, I know more than just the volleyball world."

"I didn't think anyone here would know me since it's further away from home."

"There might be a few people. But you're very experienced and your skating is beautiful." 

"Thanks. You could come to watch me practice sometime if you like." I blushed.

Just then, the waitress returned with our food.

-timeskip to the park-

"So why'd You want to become a manager?" She asked as we walked.

"I really wanted to try something new. Y'know, get out of my comfort zone a little."

Kiyoko hummed in response.

"That was one of the best decisions I made after moving here. Sometimes it's a bit of a challenge to keep up with that and my daily skating practices, but I've been managing." 

"You're really amazing, you know that?" She smiled.

"It's nothing, really." I blushed.

We sat down in a clearing in the park and started to watch the colors of the sky bleed into each other as the sun started to disappear.

-timeskip to after the date-

The two of us walked home in a comfortable silence. The sun had already set and the stars were starting to come out. Occasionally I would point out a constellation and she would always be impressed by how I knew which constellations were where. The date overall was amazing.

-

At the park

"The sunset's really pretty." Kiyoko smiled at the sky.

"Yeah. There's another place I like to watch the sunset from. I wanna take you there sometime." I smiled at her.

"A second date?" She asked, looking at me.

"It can be if you want it to."

"I'd like that."

"So it's a date." I grinned.

-

"I had a great time. Thanks again for inviting me." I smiled.

"It's no problem. I enjoyed it too."

We stood there for a second, neither one of us wanting to leave.

"I guess we should get going. After all, it is getting late."

"Yeah, we should." I agreed.

"Goodnight Y/n."

"Goodnight Kiyoko."

-678 words-

///

A/N:

Sorry if this chapter feels a little rushed. I don't really know how a date with Kiyoko would be but I feel like this is pretty accurate.

Also, if the timeskips were confusing, the second timeskip in italics was what happed as they were about to leave the park. So yes, there will be a second date with Kiyoko.

Thanks for all the reads and votes!

-Cloudyy <3

///

-746 total words-