Chapter 10 - I never should have bet

“In a circular motion, there are two forces, the centripetal and the-.” I arched my brow upon seeing him. “Are you even listening to me?”

His bemused smile broadens. “You are so cute.”  He mused.

I looked at him sharply but his eyes met mine. By his gaze, he seems to be measuring my capacity to look at him in the eye. And the nerve! He’s beaming!

I looked away and he chuckled.

“Look, Mr. Sanders, if you’ll keep on doing that, I’ll go and you study on your own.” I said.

“Okay.” He said, half-laughing and raised his hands in defeat.

“Here. Read that and answer this problem.” I said and stood.

“Where are you going?” He asked

“Outside. Just call me if you’re done.” I muttered and turned.

As I reached the door he called.

“hey, I wanted to ask about this part.”

I turned back and look upon where his finger is pointing at. I have to stoop in order for me to see it clearly and I am trying everything I can to avoid gazing on his bare chest.

I gulped.

“t-this is what I’m talking about earlier.” I said and look up.

Oh. His face is so close that I could smell him. Darn. I regained myself.

“I-in a circular motion,” Shit I stutter. “there are two forces, the centripetal and the centrifugal forces. They are equal in magnitude but opposite in direction.” I said and was proud for not stuttering again.

I looked up but was taken aback to see his face an inch away from mine.

“Go on.” He whispered and his breath brushed my cheek. I shivered.

I stepped back. “That’s all.” I said. “And haven’t I told you that no funny business?” I snapped

“What? I didn’t do anything, do I?” He asked innocently then he gave me that teasing gaze of his and said, “or are you thinking of something else?”

“I’m not.” I snapped and turned away trying to hide my crimson face.

He chuckled

Darn!

I successfully drifted away from the thoughts of Grey and all his mischief as I sat on his porch.,

I was completely lost, staring at the blinking stars against the dark nothingness. And I’m busy tracing and identifying the names of each of the constellation.

“You seemed to be so preoccupied.” Grey talked from behind me.

I sighed and stood to turn.

“And you seem to have a lot of problems.” He commented with his face just an inch away from mine. I never thought he could be this near.

I felt uneasy with his proximity reverberating against me.

“What makes you say that?” I asked as I avoided his gaze and entered the house.

“You sigh always.” He said as he followed me.

“All of us have problems. We always do.” I said as I scan his notebook.

“But it does not mean that we should let these problems take our happiness.” He said.

I ignored him and changed the topic. “Are you done with the questions?” I asked.

“yes.” He said, his mood changed. “I answered them without hassle.” He boasted.

It sounded like a challenge to my ear. “Oh, so you think you’re ready for more?” I asked.

“try me.” He said.

This guy is so confident. “okay.” I gave him a problem verbally. “Are you sure you’re not going to take down notes?” I asked upon noticing that he’s just beaming as he listened.

“Why should I?” He asked grinning.

Darn!

“Okay, I’ll give you a minute to answer it.” I said, sitting on the couch.

“What if I tell you I can give the answer now?” he said with that smile playing on his lips.

“Don’t be too confident Mr. Sanders.” I said as a matter of fact.

“You really think I can’t?” He asked playfully. “Say, what would you do in return if I can give you the answer now?” he continued, his amusement palpable.

“Tell me Dean, what would you do?” He pressed

I don’t know, but I felt like I want to back off. But never. I will never swallow my pride for this guy. Ever!

“Okay.” I said. “If you can give me a correct answer now, I would give you an authority over me for one day.”

I can’t believe I said that and my subconscious is glaring at me. Well, it’s not like he can give a right answer anyway. He doesn’t even solve it.

“that seems reasonable.” His eyes glint as he heard my condition. He touches his chin as if thinking hard.

I smirked.

I heard him chuckled. “Are you smirking at me?”  He asked.

I rolled my eyes. “just give me your answer.”

“Okay. 4.35 x 10^8 N.” He smiled.

I looked at him, wide-eyed, face ashen.

“how-?” I heard my voice trailed off.

He smiled, leaned closer, cupped my face and said “So, you’re mine.”

AN: Sorry for late update.. hectic schedule... ^.^v