David: family

Today was the last day of summer, the day David was gonna come home from camp. Sure you visited him at camp Campbell but today was the day he came back and stayed till next summer. You were over joyed especially because you had a surprise for him.

Your POV I look over to the time on the microwave, 6:07 pm it was pretty late and David should have been home

Your POV
I look over to the time on the microwave, 6:07 pm it was pretty late and David should have been home. I glance over to the pot of pasta on the stove, it was close to being done. I turn the stove off and went over to the bedroom to get dress up.

I got dressed in a baggy (f/c) long sleeved dress and a belt when I heard the door open. "(Y/n), I'm home" I hear David say, he sounded out of it. "Darling" I say rushing out to hug him. After we broke from the hug I studied his appearance, he had a black eye and some cigarette burns. "What happened" I ask raising my hand to his cheek in comfort.

"Oh that" he paused letting out a forced laugh "I should have asked first, but meet Max"  David said gesturing to the the young black haired boy. "You lost a fight to a ten year old?" I question with concern and judgment in my voice. "No actually a lot better, I adopted him" David explains.

"Max this is (y/n) my wife" I knell down to the little boys height and put my hand out. "You married mr. happy go lucky here" Max says ignoring my hand. "Yes I did, very happily too. Now why don't the both of you wash up for dinner" I say standing up with a smile.

"Right, I'll show max around and get him ready" David smiled while pushing Max out of the door way. I nod and turn to go back to the kitchen. I grab a extra plate and utensils and added them to the table.

3rd person POV

Max came out of nowhere and tapped you on the leg "(y/n) right? Where do I sit" you smile and point over to a seat in the middle of the table. Max sat down while you went back into the kitchen. David came out of the bedroom and sat at the end of the table making small talk with max. You came back in the dining room with the pot full of pasta.

After everyone had eaten you told David to stay there while you got your surprise out for him to see. It was a small rectangular box wrapped in pink and blue wrapping paper. You set the box in front of David and went back to your seat. David opened the box eagerly until he just stared at it. Max sat up just to see what was in it.

"David actually knows how to-" max started before getting cut off "this has been the best day ever" David stop and genuinely smiled "family"

Yea this is really short but I have 7 unpublished chapters I need to post