Disaster # 04

Four

                "Has anyone seen Courtney Caster?" The woman said aloud but everyone shook their heads.

                 "Last time, in my bedroom." I muttered, rolling my eyes before realizing what I had just said but giggled it off. If anyone would have heard it, it could have been dead awkward.

                    The woman heaved a sigh and opened her mouth to take another name when the door burst open and in came my two best friends looking all flustered like they have been running for miles. And of course, laughter erupted through the whole cafeteria on their surprised entrance.

                     "Courtney Caster-"

                     "And Miranda Rivers." Miranda finished for Courtney and the woman, who didn't look too please by their behavior, nodded and motioned for them to come in. Miranda, looking completely embarrassed, crawled her way to an empty seat while Courtney who didn't look much bothered about the scene, also took a seat next to Miranda. I excused myself through the unwelcomed crowd to reach out to my friends but by the time that I made it, the bell had rung and everyone was dispersing as if there is a lottery outside. Constantly pushed and hit by the crowd, I finally took a seat besides Courtney.

              "Fancy seeing you here, I'm Melody Kane." I reached out my hand towards them and Courtney giggled.

                     "And I'm pissed."

                  Courtney rolled her eyes at Miranda. "Come on, it wasn't all my fault. You left the house late."

                   "But you just had to buy "necessary stuff" that time, didn't you?" Miranda mocked Courtney while I stood up, ready to leave.

                 Courtney stood up too followed by Miranda and we both started heading towards the door." Well, not then so when?"

                   After then an eerie silence fell upon us. Neither of us wanted to talk, I suppose which was obvious since both of them were really looking tired. At this time, I wanted to thank my Mom for dropping me off yesterday.

                "Where is everyone going?" I stated confused, looking at those teenagers rushing towards a direction.

                        "They all seemed to be going in the same direction..." Miranda trailed off slowly.

                   "One direction." I smirked as Courtney laughed along with me. Both of us started walking towards the crown with grumpy Miranda on our heels.

                     Turns out everyone was taking their schedules for classes and other schedules. This whole system made me feel like we are in some summer school not summer camp. Everything was so strict and regular and everyone in together seemed like the perfect school team. The cheer leading squad, the jocks, the players, the sporty people, the medium people like us and some were getting bullied too. It made me feel nothing different, if this summer is going to be the same like all year around then might as well get by it.

                      "So which classes are you guys taking?" I asked not yet looking at my schedule.

                       "Swimming, volleyball, basketball and gymnastics." Should've guessed about Miranda.

                     I pointed to Courtney who was grinning like a Cheshire cat, typical her. "Arts, swimming, boat training or cannoing and yoga." I frowned.