The Betrayal - Chapter 1

Ash was returning to his humble abode for a small visit after many trips with Goh, he simply couldn't wait to see his mother and be wrapped inside her warm and cozy hug.  Goh was tagging along with Ash, after all, their journey still hadn't finished yet, and getting along with Ash did help him achieve his dreams, so he just went along with him.

The road towards his home in pallet town was rather... quiet. The Pokémon that the duo passed by seemed to be more timid and frantic than usual, as all of them were in absolute despair or fear, not just a single species, but every single Pokémon all were in their emotional spaces, probably curling up in a ball of fear.

"Satoshi, this is weird... I'll take some pictures as this phenomenon is strange..."

Goh couldn't hide his worry of course, although he liked to observe the strange habits of the species as a whole, the strange phenomenon never happened throughout his entire life. His rotom-phone suddenly rang as Pallet town went into sight.

"Satoshi! Wait up, professor called here!"

"Huh? Isn't this our day off?"

"Yeah, it is! But I think it has something to do with the strange phenomenon all of the Pokémon here are experiencing!"

"Hmm, alright, fine. I'll listen."

Ash walked back towards Goh as Goh picked up the call, just before Ash arrived next to Goh, did Goh's face flash a obvious sign of disbelief and fear. 

"Ash! This phenomenon is very dangerous, we should get to your house quickly and warn your mom!"

"W-what happened!?"

"The professor is not sure, but this definitely has something to do with Pallet town, we better hurry!"

"Right! Come on Goh!"

Goh latched onto Ash's hand as Ash ran towards his home, hoping that they'll figure out the problem behind this mystery. Goh was then dragged through the town and straight towards Ash's home, taking care to notice any weird behaviors of the Pokémon. It was within his expectations, the Pokémon in the surrounding area and in the town all in fret, shivering and whispering to each other in panic.

Soon, both of them reached Ash's house, the nice little garden that Ash would recognize anywhere. Although the sight was nice, his friends were there.

"Hey guys! What are you all doing here?"

Everyone from all the regions except Alola was there, arms crossed or fists clenched. Goh gulped in worry for he felt something big was about to happen. He tightened his grip on Ash's wrist, with a cautious look etched within his eyes, this feeling that Goh felt was rather new, like trying to find something wrong in a perfectly painted picture, you would know it was there, but you couldn't seem to find it at all, as if it never existed in the first place.

Ash saw through Goh's worry, after all, the eyes were a window to one's soul, and it looked like his companion's worry was correct, hatred and malice along with slight hints of jealousy mixed into the eyes and actions of his friends. Ash had grown more observant since his journey with Goh, trying to help him achieve his dream of catching all of the Pokémon and Mew.

"Guys, keep it blunt and straight-forward, you all have something to say to me, right?"

"Yeah, I guess, although you are less dense than we thought you would be and we hadddddd to sweeten it out for you."

"Well, get on with the bad news, Misty."

"Sure, sure, we want you to give up on your dreams as a Pokémon master."