The Rain - Chapter 2.5

Last time: "That day, the rain fell, no more, no less than a year. Today, rain shall fall once more. Let it become hail, let it become sleet, let it snow, let it flood. Let them know that the whole world suffers because of them, let the rain fall for eternity, let the sun shine on them, let them be loathed for the sun."

A heavy rain poured down on the entire world that day. The exact same rain from 12 years ago, people felt that this rain was no different from the one 12 years ago, the Pokémon even more so, they knew what was happening right now.

The rain fell on the Pokémon, they got light of the situation with just a few drops and started chattering about it. The news between the Pokémon spread like wildfire, sooner or later, every single Pokémon in the world knew about the death of the chosen one. Every wild Pokémon turned a bit 'hollow', when a trainer passed by, they all ran away, and they managed to escape the pokeball every single time from that day on. Pokémon that were caught before the rain refused to listen to trainers who wouldn't show them enough love and broke their pokeballs to escape.

Many deemed this event slightly different from the one 12 years ago, but everyone that was associated with Ash got light of the entire reason the rain fell again quickly from their own Pokémon who stayed loyal to all of them except for the betrayers. The professors and the rivals of Ash all had some stray wild Pokémon which took care of all of them to avoid being hurt by the betrayers and their leader, their efforts to protect was returned with special blessings, aka the moves from legendary or mythical Pokémon to fulfill their duties the best they could do for that kind trainer that had pulled them out of their troubles, despite being chased down.

However, the rain did not come without benefits, several new types of berries appeared 2 years after the rain, it turns out that a plant, after suffering countless floods, drought, snowstorms, and all of the types of natural disasters one can imagine, can produce this berry. Each region had only one plant each, and the plant, seemingly having a mind of it's own, disappears and reappears somewhere completely different from the environment they were in, for example, it could grow near a beach for a few months, then suddenly disappear and reappear in a dessert soon after. Each time the plant moves could only the berry grow, so these berries, named after the rain this time, was called the 'Torrent berries', the rain this time was called 'The Torrent', it stronger that 'The Cascade', scientists all over the regions have seen the rain and found that there were no signs of stopping, at all, unlike 'The Cascade', the readings of 'The Torrent' had gone haywire, there was no stopping to this rain.

The rivals had all gathered to one place, after hearing what had happened, their protectors, each an eeveelution, followed them towards a cave in Mt. Silver, a hidden by the snow one, where avalanches struck daily. The first friend of the fallen, Gary, stood up along with his Umbreon and the Espeon which tagged along with him.

"Alright... So we all know what happened?" Gary clapped his palms together in front of his face, bringing them in a down motion, reaching his mouth then releasing them as he let out a sigh.

"Yes." Everyone in the room agreed in their own sort of way, whether it was in '-veon!' or 'Eevee!'

"So how are we going to manage our food reserves now?" Smiled Gary, although that smile was of pure frustration and rage mixed together, creating such a fake yet threatening smile no one dared to challenge.

"Es-peon! Peon- Peon!" Espeon 'spoke' to the other Pokemon as each of Ash's rivals watched in curiosity.

"Eevee!" Trip's protector, Eevee landed on his shoulder and started to whisper into his ears.

"Hm? OH-" Trip nodded towards Eevee's words, barely making out the meaning of them.

"Eevee here said that we can send Glaceon out for some berries and grow some berries alone with the seeds inside as long we have some light."