The Birthplace - Chapter 3

-Most speech will now be this, pokelanguage: Hello~

-Normal speech/Human speech: Hello~
_________________________

It was dark and quiet inside the rainforest, and many sounds of chirping could be heard. A cluster of eggs laid inside a cave that was secluded from the rest of the forest by some kind of force that made it invisible to other species of Pokémon.

Ash snapped open his eyes- or, their eyes as they looked around the area, it was pitch black, and it seemed... cramped and small. Ash instantly attempted to get out, they loathed being stuffed in small spaces without being able to move. They tried to use their hands to punch the walls, but to no avail.

"Wait... w-where are my hands?"

"What?... What are hands...?"

The being was confused as they slammed against the egg with their body by instinct. They hit the walls with their tail and with their head as the space they were in shuddered with each hit.

A cracking sound, clear and crisp brought a smile to the being's face, they turned around to see the soft rays of dim light shine through the walls. They brought their head up to the light and basked within the light, taking in the cold breeze that squeezed it's way through the small cracks in the wall.

The being looked determined as they bashed their head towards the wall over and over again, determined to get out of the small space. Soon, a hole big enough for the being to peek out of opened.

The being saw the cold stone walls of the cave, and barely saw the other eggs, which were still in perfect shape and not cracked. They turned curious, what was inside this hole? What is outside this area?

The being continued to hit at the edges of the hole it created and finally broke out of the egg. They looked behind themselves as they slithered out of the egg, looking at the eggshells it left behind.

They found a puddle to look at themselves, two wings protruded out of their head, a pendant- wait what was a pendant?- No, a balance scale shaped thing hung from their neck, near their head as the same set of scales hung on their tail, seemingly attached to their tail. They were white in color, their belly a darker shade, their eyes red and gold separately, a warm and kind gaze that even slightly comforted themselves.

They closed their eyes and felt an energy flow through them, a powerful, and rather mysterious energy. And... Instinct. They had not much of an idea of what was instinct, but they knew it would help them somehow.

They looked around and slithered up to an egg, a warm pulse emitted from it, somehow, the being felt an attachment towards the egg and placed their tail on the egg. The egg hummed in response as they looked towards the other eggs, they also felt the same connection. They went through every egg and touched them, they felt a warm emotion coming from them as they felt as if the eggs were their real... family. They then waved goodbye to the eggs and began to search for the exit.

They noticed a little gleam in the corner of their eye as they searched for the exit. It was a small stone that was in the form of a scale like those on their tail and neck. They picked up the stone, wrapping their tail around it to keep it for something that they felt would happen later. They saw the dim light again, and slided towards the light, finding a hole large enough for them to slip through, then they turned around, looking at the eggs as they waved goodbye to them with their tail.

Little did they know three of the eggs slightly trembled as the being left the cave to explore the area outside the cave.

"This looks like... another cave."

The being sighed as they looked at the stone walls that faced them once again, they were rather impatient as they scoured the cave for another passage that was not the one they came in with.

After a while in the room, they slumped down onto the ground, clearly tired, they took a rest as they observed their surroundings carefully, a skill acquired from running away- Running... away? The being shook it's head and continued to search for an exit.

The being saw markings of some sort on the walls of the cave, markings that were natural yet still seemingly out of place. It seemed like there was another that was trapped in here before them, but it was unrealistic as there was no proof of one existing before them, unless they... took their eggshell with them also.

The being went up to the markings and silently studied them, with the bugs behind the marking chirping. Wait... bugs? The being's eyes lit up once again and pushed at the wall with their tail, the desire to get out of the cave stronger than ever.

The being saw the wall rotate slightly as they finally understood the mechanism of the door- No, the stone blocking the exit. It was a rotating stone that hid the entrance of the cave. The being pushed on the right side of the stone and left through the entrance, unknowingly closing the entrance behind them.

The being looked at the peaceful trees around them as they felt a lot of the energy that flowed through them surrounded them with a sharp, intent that wished to... harm them. They grasped the small stone more tightly, not realizing the gleam that the stone emitted.

They readied their stance, although they knew that they could barely defend themselves with only their physical body to hit others with in order to defend themselves. Soon, a shriek pierced through the forest and died down. The being finally knew it was a world where mercy did not exist, it was a world where survival of one laid at the utmost priority, and they were about to experience it very soon.