Day 5- Dinner

It was a long day for me and Yuxin. We were at the farm and harvested some goodies  She was so happy and elated with different varieties of vegetables and fruits. I can't forget how surprised she was with that eggplant she thought for a tomato. And of course, her never-ending love for potatoes. 

Little things make her happy. She appreciates every little thing you do for her and will remember it. 

"Dinner's ready!" Yuxin called from the dining room. I was in the living room fixing some knits. Ayi had to leave tonight for her family so it was just me and Yuxin right now. 

 "Okay!" I replied. I walked into the kitchen and I was surprised she did all of it. I tried to offer some help earlier but she didn't let me. She said she wants to revive her cooking skills so I let her. Well, from time to time I checked on her just to be sure she won't burn the food. I recalled her pork ribs. I love it. But she tends to add a lot of sugar with tap water and that will easily burn the meat. Anyways, she passed that, her ribs are edible now. 

We sat across each other and began to savor the food. We enjoyed all of it. Who would believe that she eats a lot with her frame? I wish I have fast metabolism too so I wouldn't worry about gaining weight while eating. 

"Do you like it?" She asked referring to the food.

"Of course! Thank you!" I replied and she smiled looking so proud of her masterpiece. We talked about a lot of things. So random that we ended up just laughing and giggling. Yuxin can be so dorky and funny. There were times that I can't help but just laugh at how innocent she was with some things and so honest. Overall we just enjoyed the night together, it was as if we were back with our old selves, carefree and just having fun. 

We went to bed and now I am praying silently that things will always be in her way. That life will always be kind to her. She deserves everything good that is happening to her right now. Yuxin is one of the genuine people I know. I want her to be happy always in everything she does. 

---