Chapter 8

It was the last day. Naruto's outburst seemed to have passed and none of them brought it up. It was always like that, when Naruto had his breakdowns they wouldn't talk about them. It's like they never happened.

They trained most of the time, all would either end up knocked out cold or bloodied up badly.  All in all, they were gradually getting better and gaining more experience, their formation was in total perfection and they had mastered their jutsus amazingly: "Guys," Sasuke said gaining the attention of his comrades: "'Kakashi Sensei never mentioned where we'd be getting out of here." he said. Naruto's eyes grew wider and Sakura deadpanned: "I'm going to pummel him to the ground." Sakura said through her teeth, she punched a tree making it fly back, taking a couple of other trees in the process.

Kakashi then darkened as he imagined what Sakura would do to him: "Nice of you to show up, Kakashi Sensei." Sakura called from down in a sickly sweet look and an adorable smile. Kakashi shuddered as a drop of sweat formed on his forehead. He then cleared his throat, she's just a child after all: "Nice to see you're still in one piece, Sakura." he narrowed his eyes at her to which she faltered slightly but it was noticeable. He noticed that Naruto was limping, he made a mental note to make him check that with the hospital, alas he was too late: "Naruto, you're limping," Sasuke said matter-of-factly. Naruto tried to shake it off but he got a stern look from Sasuke which shut him up.

(&^(*&)(

They were now out of the forest, safely out of harm's way. As the lot were walking around the training grounds, they spotted team 8 and team 10. Kakashi walked towards them as his genin huffed, they really liked them but they were exhausted: "They've been worried about you, remember they're your comrades." he said sternly and waved at Kurenai who waved back and smiled. Ino saw Sasuke and she just turned and continued chatting with Shikamaru: "Hey guys," Kakashi said waving to all the other Genin with a small smile, they seemed so different from his team. They were more open and free compared to team 7, which he didn't mind at all.

Kurenai and Asuma smiled at team 7: "Done with your Forest of Death exercise?" Asuma asked with a smile to which he got a series of excited nods: "Care to show us what you learned?" Kurenai asked: "I mean, yeah sure." Naruto said scratching the back of his head. He locked eyes with Hinata and sent her a small wink making her blush, he'd have to see her later. Hinata had noticed that Naruto was limping and was worried: "Naruto, you aren't going to do anything." Sakura warned him but he waved it off: "Won't hurt, I'll go to the hospital straight after we're done. Promise." He said with a small smile making Sakura sigh.

Firstly, Naruto and Sasuke showed their new jutsu, Sutatikku Kaze no jutsu (Static Wind Jutsu), which was quite a surprise to everyone as they saw the clone Naruto made get sliced and burnt by them. Then they went onto the formation: "Everyone, throw all the shuriken and kunai you have at us." Team 8 and 10 got into position while team 7 got into formation. Pulling out their Katanas, Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura didn't have a single scratch. They had deflected and dodged the weapons skillfully, they haven't seen such speed in a very long time. The group were all in awe, while Asuma and Kurenai smiled at each other and patted Kakashi on the back: "Kakashi, you've gone soft." Asuma said as he lit up another cigarette: "Asuma, my broski, that hurt me deeply." Kakashi said dramatically, his hand over his heart, Kurenai rolled her eyes at these men's antics. She heard Hinata's gasp and quickly turned her attention to the group. Naruto was on his back writhing with pain.

Hinata sat next to him since he had fallen on her: "Naruto," she said holding his hand in hers, not caring if their friends saw. He held her hand as she put her free one on his forehead: "Sakura, he's burning hot." she said over to the pinkette. Kakashi ran towards them: "Naruto," he picked the blond into his arms while Asuma and Kurenai gathered their teams: "Hinata, go with team 7." Kurenai ordered her student. Hinata ran after Kakashi, Sasuke and Sakura as they made their way to the hospital. Once they arrived, Naruto was rushed into the emergency room, with Sakura by his side as a medic ninja, she said some nice words as the ER staff seemed hesitant to treat their patient. She knew what was wrong after she saw the scratch on his leg before he collapsed. She headed out of the emergency room:"Naruto's been poisoned, it spread from his left leg, the one he was limping on. I'd say he was most probably scratched by a poisonous plant in the forest." she said pacing. Kakashi was seated as his leg went up and down. Hinata had paced a hole into the floor and Sasuke sat next to Kakashi as he moved his fidgety self. Sakura sat next to him, he grabbed her hand and played with her fingers, she acted as if it wasn't happening, she knew Sasuke's anxiety would get the best of him sometimes. She had anxiety as well, they all did, they understood the struggle pretty well.