Chapter 12

TW: Mentions of death, blood, sharp tools, poison and bile, suicidal thoughts. Read at your own risk!

They set out for the Land of Waves, barely stopping for any breaks. They were in enemy territory after 3 hours of travelling, and in broad daylight, trying to keep their senses sharp, barely communicating. As Sakura was remembering the folder she read the night prior, there were some pictures drawn by the Interrogation department. They found alive witnesses who described to them the people they have encountered. As the group had an idea about what to expect from these bandits.

Kakashi's first kill didn't quite affect him since he was in the Anbu from an early age but he was afraid for his students. Yes, the lot were quite tough, emotionally and physically that is, but they were still children. He was afraid for their mental health, he knew that they killed creatures during their time in the Forest of Death, he was there to see it and see the effect it had on them but he saw how they recovered as well. He couldn't help but worry, he was still an S-rank ninja with a flee on sight order in Bingo Books. He knew how to control his emotions and focus on his mission. Naruto was in the lead since he was the sensory type, Sasuke was behind him followed by Sakura and Kakashi at the rear.

Naruto was staying keen, masking his chakra with a seal and dispersing it all over in order to sense for any chakra signatures. At this point, they'd been travelling for 6 hours straight with no breaks. They'd been in enemy territory for three hours and they haven't encountered anyone yet. Naruto was about to retract some of his chakra to conserve it but he sensed something, remembering the signs they learned he quickly informed his team:" A group of three one at 2 o'clock, one at 10 o'clock and one at 6 o'clock. We're surrounded. " they gave barely noticeable responses.  Naruto judged based on their chakra reserves that they were mere Chunin:" At my signal jump up and get them out of their hiding places." Kakashi signed to his team, he wanted to see if they could pinpoint them. They waited for his signal once they were closest to the Chunin up ahead, they all jumped up. Sasuke pinpointed the guy at 2 o'clock and Sakura marked the shinobi who was at 10 o'clock, Naruto took the guy up ahead simply because it was most convenient, they each took the ninja closest to them. Kakashi wasn't surprised much, he knew they were capable of much more, this might be their first kill. He watched from a tree, deciding that he would butt in if necessary.

The Chunin didn't know any better and revealed themselves to their enemy, going into an open space. They were two guys and surprisingly a girl, who seemed much like the fake Sakura back in those Academy days. They shuddered as she fawned over one of the guys. They seemed to be a couple of years older than the Genin, 15 or 16. They were teenagers and obnoxious ones at that. The three young ninjas unsheathed their katanas all together, the sound of the metal being released echoing through the forest:" Aw, kids aren't supposed to play with sharp objects, be careful pinky it'll break your nail." One of the guys said. Sakura gritted her teeth in anger as Sasuke and Naruto wished the guy said goodbye to his loved ones that day:" The only thing I'm breaking is your jaw, teme." She said her voice laced with venom. She stared down the guy until he backed up and hid behind his female comrade:" Hey, Ugly! Don't be rude to Shiroko-kun! I'll beat the hell out of you!"The girl said to Sakura in an abnormally squeaky voice.

The Genin had enough of this child's play. They wanted to fight. They saw how terrifying Kakashi Sensei's KI was, they wanted to try it out. They shared a look and stiffened their features making them unbreakable cold masks.  They released huge amounts of chakra as their facial features darkened:" Ah, how about you shut up, squeakers." Sakura said malice in her voice yet it seemed robotic. She grabbed a special Kunai and aimed for the girl, knowing she was too naive. The brown-haired female dodged the Kunai ignoring its shape:" Is that all you've got, ugly?" Sakura smirked knowingly and then chuckled lowly making the sound of her laugh echo through everyone's bones:" I doubt it." The brunette felt warm air hitting her neck as a sting felt at her throat. The last thing she saw before her eyes rolled to the back of her head was the pinkette standing behind her with a bloodied Kunai and a sickly smirk.