chapter five: Princess Of Illusions

Silentdream wasnt weird. she wasnt fake. she wasnt... stupid. she was quite smart and skilled. She was able to claw her way free from the attacking dragons. 

mother will kill them if she sees them! Silentdream breathed heavily, slinking into a corner as the intruders surrounded her, im sorry! i cant let them hurt me!

"where is my son" the white dragon asked with a note of hostility.

prince winter...

"if you dont tell us," a sandy yellow dragon snapped, "we have more ways to kill you then to save shimmer"

adopted prince qibli...

Silentdream lifted her talons in the air. she felt the strange call of the wind roaring outside, she latched onto the sound, and projected it into the minds of each of the dragons in the room. everyone but the nightwing in the group was immediately on the floor clawing their ears. 

"dont do this, silentdream" the dragon cooed, "please, just help us save Shimmer" she begged.

Silentdream took a shuddering breath. her mind felt like it was turning into liquid. she couldnt think straight. she slumped to the floor.

"you were left on the volcano..." the nightwing whispered, "what was it like, silentdream?"

"a-awful..." she stuttered, starting to loose consciousness. 

"please" the nightwing begged, looking straight into silentdreams eyes, "help us save shimmer... he is going to die" her voice waivered.

"hes already gone..." silentdream said in barely a whisper, "the process must have already began, you can only save him if you destroy the machine with animus magic...."

the nightwing nodded and put her talon on the younger nightwings cheek. she smiled softly.

silentdream released the intruders minds of the wind. she saw the blackness coming. she waited for it to completely drag her into a lifeless sleep until the next morning like it always did when she used one of her mind tricks.

"i will save you" the black night dragon said, "you dont deserve to be punished"

silentdream didnt hear another word. she fell into the black void of her own mind. her own silent dreams.