chapter two: news

the bed was lumpy under Moon's wings. she growled as she twisted again, did Breeze sleep like this every night?

Breeze poked her head in "Just realized your not like me" she walked over "you dont like odd lumpy beds, wanna go for a walk?"

"its midnight, will your parents be mad?" Moon asked 

Breeze shook her head "i once left for a walk for two days, they dont worry... im special" she motioned to the door

Moon walked out the front door, Breeze by her side. the morning light started to shine after thirty minutes of silence.

"moon, you know Shimmer?" Breeze asked "can you tell me about him?"

Moon cringed, Shimmer, the dragon Darkstalker-moon had almost killed. "Yeah i know him" Moon laughed nervously "He is one of the nicest most forgiving dragon i know. he has some stress issues, but other then that, he is pretty chill"

Breeze made a sharp left "Glad you feel the same way about him i do" she frowned "Huh, your mailbox thingy has mail in it" she pointed at a small building with boxes scattered all arround it and inside of it.

Moon gave Breeze a confused glance "huh? Mailbox? what's that?"

Breeze explained it was a box where other dragons put mail for you, like letter dragons will get letter's for dragons who wanna send them to another dragon, and they will take them to that dragon.

"smart" Moonwatcher laughed, she pulled out the mail to see it was from... Qibli...

Breeze glanced at it and her eyes widened "Maybe its from Shimmer! he sends stuff in Winter's name and Qibli's name all the time!" she eagerly awaited Moon to open it.

Moon undid the fancy string holding it together and read the letter aloud "Moonwatcher, this is Qibli, Have you seen Shimmer in the past two days? he want to school but never came home... we asked the J.M.A. teacher's and all they said was 'Shimmer never showed up' so we were wondering if you've seen him... if not, please come to the sand kingdom immediately to help us find him"

Moon staggered back and dropped the letter. she let out a tiny gasp when Breeze suddenly turned fourteen different colors, eye scorching colors, eye BLEEDING different colors. The world was spinning, how could Shimmer be missing? this was worrying, anybody with an animus dragon could make them do anything!

Breeze started to say so many words, Moon only heard a few "Cowturdcamelspit dumb giraffe stupidfalconsidiotparekeetsinsecure sand-snorter murderusicesniffer cold hearted lizards" 

"how many curse words you you know, holy spiderlegs your good at it" 

Breeze went back to her controlled pink and blue scales and took a deep breath "lets go tell my parents about this... then go meet up with Qibli and Winter"