Chapter 1

It was a cold crisp Saturday morning as I was strolling down the streets of New York, I was looking down at my feet with my left hand in my pocket and my right gripping my backpack strap when I accidentally bumped into someone.
"Whoops! Sorry" I apologized
"Hey! What the fuck man"
He turned around and I could see I had made him spill his coffee all over his front. I was about to talk but he pulled me into the alleyway right next to us and pushed me up against the wall and smirked.
"You know what? I feel like having a little fun!" He whispered into my ear.
My face showed a display of disgust at the mans attempts.
"I think not." I snapped back, he looked at me confused and I smirked before I kneed him in the balls and kicked him in the head. He was out cold face down on the concrete. I chuckled at my victory, picked up my backpack and continued to walk down the street.
I continued to walk until I came up on a run down apartment complex. I sighed at the pathetic sight that I unfortunately called home. I walked up the stairs until I got to the door to my house, I opened it, threw my bag on the floor and called out.
"Hey Mum!"
"Hey sweetie!" She called back. "I have a friend here!" I was astonished that my mother had gotten someone over. I walked towards my mothers room and slowly opened the door, I peeked inside and I saw my mother in her bed sitting next to a man, he had short blonde hair and was very well-built. He turned his head and saw me.
"Hey..." I greeted
"Hello, kid" he responded, his voice was deep-ish "I just came over to talk to you, it seems I bet you to your house" he chuckled and I slightly smiled "Can we talk in the kitchen?" I nodded which caused the man to smile and get up from the bed.
I led him to the kitchen where we both took a seat at the table. "So what did you want to talk about?" I asked him, "Today I saw you in that alleyway with that man" the mere mention of that situation made me smirk in triumph. "I saw how you handled yourself and I wanted to come see you, but before that let me introduce myself properly" he cleared his throat and opened his mouth but before he could speak I cut him off "Your Captain America" I smirked and he looked shocked "How did you- what?" I pointed to the watch on my wrist "facial recognition, plus I recognize your voice" I said back smirking with yet another victory.
He sat there for 5 minutes with pure astonishment on his face. He then broke the silence with a question " Did you build that watch?" He asked, " Yeah, finished it about a week ago, I've been working on an a.i for the past year now though, it's almost done" I answered, "Really?! What are you Tony Stark?" He chuckled at his joke and I laughed nervously, he was about to say something but his phone rang before he could say anything. He mouthed 'sorry' and waved as he left through the front door. I waved back just before he left.
Talk about a close call I thought as I walked into my mothers room to see her fast asleep snoring away, I smiled and went into my room since I was so tired from the day. I sat down at my desk and started working on the code for my a.i, after a few hours my eyes felt heavy and I fell onto my bed.

I opened my eyes to the early sunlight bleeding through my window, I groaned and got out of my bed. I walked through our small apartment to the kitchen, i got out some eggs and put them onto a pan I got enough for me and my mother, after they were finished cooking I got out two plates and put the eggs on the plates accompanied with some toast and bacon "Mum! Breakfast!" I called out, no response. "Mum! Breakfast, are you coming?" I called out, still no response, i got concerned and walked up to my mothers room, "Hey Mum, breakfast is ready", no response again. I slowly opened the door to see a man standing over my mother holding her mouth shut, "GET OFF HER!" I shouted at him, he looked towards me and smirked, he lifted up his hand I saw a small gun that he had concealed, he pointed it towards my crying mother. "Shouldn't have said anything kiddo" He smirked and shot the gun, i stood there traumatized at what i had witnessed. "N-no..." is all I could push out, the man jumped out the window and ran, I, however ran to my mother's side with tears streaming down my face, "Mum... I'm sorry" I cried into her hand. "Y/N, look at me..." my mother said weakly, she was obviously in pain, I looked up to her face tears wetting her hand, "I love you, never forget that I love you, with all my heart" she smiled tears streaming down my face, before she fell back into the bed, her body limp. I screamed and cried into her hugging her cold body. " Mum! n-no..... I'm s-sorry."

I sat there crying, then I fell asleep from crying. I slept until I heard a knock at the door that woke me up. My eyes stung from crying and I was sniffling for the same reason, but I got up and stumbled towards the door. I opened to see a smiling Steve, that smile dropped as soon as he saw my puffy eyes and my sniffling, "What happened?" he asked in a concerned voice, remembering this morning's events I begun to cry again and fell to my knees, i knelt there and then felt two strong arms pull me into a tight hug, "Y/N, what happened?" he asked in the same concerned tone.

"M-my m-mum" I stuttered back, he let go of me and walked inside towards my mother's room, as soon as he looked inside to see my mother with a gunshot through her abdomen he ran back towards my crying figure and said, "Come, ill take you with me" i shook my head and started crying harder. "You can't live here by yourself, especially after what happened" He had a good point.

"I guess your right." I sniffled. With that he brought me towards his car still in his arms and told me to sit there while he got all my stuff. A few minutes later he sat down in the drivers seat and we begun driving.

When we came to a stop he brought me inside the Avenger's compound, he sat down on the couch and I sat next to him and fell back asleep, laying my head on the arm of the couch. I opened my eyes to see Steve making coffee in the kitchen, "Are you feeling better?" he asked. "Yeah" i grumbled, i could practically feel the depression growing, "Well I've called Tony, he should be here soon". "Wait! as in Tony Stark!" I snapped, "Yeah" he chuckled. 

"No! I have to get out of here."

"What? Why?" Steve asked as I ran for the exit, as I opened it I ran into the person I dreaded seeing, Tony fricken Stark.

"Y-Y/N" he asked as he pulled off his sunglasses, revealing his shocked eyes.

"Hey, Dad" I grumbled awkwardly.