Chapter 2

"Huh!?" Steve asked with shock dripping through.

Tony Ignored him, "Where have you and your mother been? I thought you were dead!"

"We were living here in New York" I grumbled out, "We were living in a run down apartment ever since you left for Stark Industries, we lived together until she was shot and killed in front of me" I began to feel my eyes get watery at the thought of my mother.

"Kid, I am so sorry, I had no idea I had affected you so badly." Tony said

"Well you did!" the tears were streaming down my face now. Tony attempted to come and hug me but I stepped away from him, my left hand cupping my elbow, crying into my hands. I sat down and propped myself on the wall.

"Tony, you never told us you had a kid." I heard Steve say.

"Well, I didn't think I did anymore." He responded. Tony moved further into the base and downstairs into the lab. Steve came up to me and lifted my chin with his index finger and thumb, I looked into his eyes as he spoke.

"Hey, if you need anything and don't want to talk to your Dad ill be here, alright?" I nodded and he smiled. "Now let me show you to your room."

"I'm not staying here" I said through my tears. With a shocked face at the thought he would think that I would stay here.

"Well, Tony is technically your legal guardian now, so you have to stay" he looked at me sympathetically. I groaned and stood up, wiping the tears from my eyes. Steve also stood up and lead me up the stairs and to what I guessed was my room. He opened the door and it was a lot bigger than I had expected, it was almost the entire size of the apartment I had been in just hours ago. "Hey, Friday" Steve said I looked at him confused. 

"It's Tuesda-" I was cut off

"Yes, Mr. Rogers?" A feminine robotic voice answered.

"Please acquaint young Master Stark here with yourself"

"Absolutely!" she responded and Steve left the room.

"H-hello?" I asked.

"Welcome, Y/N" I heard the same voice say. "I Have noticed that you are inventive and intelligent, much like our father" I winced at the comparison to my father. "Although, I have also noted that you are on bad terms with him and my condolences about your mother" I smiled at the caring nature of this A.I.

"Thank you Friday" I said sadly smiling at her.

"You are welcome, sir" Friday responded. "I have also seen that you are working on your own A.I" she said. My face dropped.

"I-i am sorry if it offends you!" I said back

"Oh no! I think it is a great idea for a second A.I, it gets lonely sometimes. If you go over to your desk, it is fully equipped for you to continue work and Mr. Stark has given you full access to the Lab downstairs. It seems even though you guys are on bad terms he still cares, usually he is much more careless."

"Thank you Friday, ill go to work now."

"As you wish" I saw the desk light up with holographic computer screens.

"Cool" I said under my breath, my mouth wide open with astonishment. I sat down and plugged in the USB that had the files that stored the code for my A.I that I had been working on, the screen lit up with the name 'Project ITAB' seeing this brought the memories of my old home and my mother, tears threatened to fall from my eyes, but pushed them back as I begun tweaking the code.

A few hours had past, the computer screens full of servers and code that would make an average person loose their mind, when I heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I called out, well more like grumbled.

"It's Mr. Rogers, sir" Friday responded, I nodded and stood up. I walked towards the door and opened it, I saw Steve's smiling face.

"Made yourself at home, I see" I nodded and he smiled at me, I didn't feel any happiness and hadn't since my mother's death. "Well, dinners ready and some others from the team are back and want to meet you" He said, I walked past him and down the stairs to which I saw a group of people conversing.
They all turned their heads towards me and looked at me for a second before going back to their conversations, except one. It was a younger girl with red hair, she walked up to me with a confused look on her face.

"H-hello" I said confused at her confusion.

"Hi, I'm Wanda" she still looked confused, but she eventually shook it off and said "Nice to meet you" and walked off with a smile, but still looked as if she was trying to figure something out.

"What was that about?" I asked Steve.

"I don't know, She's been through some shit though" He replied

"Language!" I heard the familiar voice of Natasha Romanoff yell out. Steve rolled his eyes.

 I was off put by the interaction but just shook it off. I walked past people towards the kitchen to get a drink. Eventually I made it to the fridge and pulled out a coke and opened it.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Hey, Kid" I turned to see Natasha Romanoff.
"Hey....." I said back, nervous to be meeting a long time idol of mine.
"When I heard that Tony had a child I was dumbfounded, I never took him to be the fatherly type" she chuckled
"Believe me he's not" I responded, she laughed and put her hand on my shoulder
"I like you" she smiled, I smiled back at her genuinely feeling good about someone finally meeting and being liked by my idol.

She went back to the main group to talk to them, I was really just standing around when I all of a sudden felt a sharp pain rush through my head, I grabbed my head in pain and grunted. I looked up to see that people were looking at me concerned and confused, I also saw that the girl I had met before, Wanda was also holding her head in pain, I sat down on the ground holding myself. I could hear people asking if I was ok, but I could barley hear them over the pain. I sat there in pain before seeing a shining blue cube then after a split second everything went black.