Chapter 3

Your eyes slowly opened to see a hospital-like room around you, but you could tell you were still in the Avenger's base. You turned to see Steve sitting in a small chair next to your bed with his head looking down with what looked to be Rosary Beads wrapped around his hands. He looked up to see you looking at him, you could see his face light up to see you ok, then his face turned to one of concern.

"God, What happened?!" He asked

"I-I don't know, I was standing there and then all of a sudden I just blackout", I leave out the part with the cube, because I'm sure it was just my mind playing tricks on my mind before I blacked out.

"Well, at least your ok" he sighed and smiled at me, with his signature warm smile before standing up and walking out as his rosary beads were dangling from his hand, 'was he praying for me?' I thought, before closing my eyes again and falling back into the warm embrace of slumber.

I flutter open my eyes, being burst back into consciousness by my stomach growling, alerting me of its emptiness. I hadn't eaten at the party at all last night before I had the splitting headache and blacked out. I sat up in the bed and stretched my tense muscles only slightly reliving them. I sighed as I swung my legs off the side of the bed, I stood to my feet and stretched once more. I walked down towards the kitchen in search of food to settle my stomach. As I passed the door to the lab I heard the beat of Back in Black playing loudly, I rolled my eyes, knowing exactly what was happening and continued towards the kitchen. As I entered the kitchen I was met with Wanda who looked as she already knew I was coming.

"Hey, Y/N, How are you?"

"Better than yesterday, I can at least say that" she chuckled, "Anyway, I was going to ask you why you seemed so..... curious about me last night?"

She sighed, "Well, as a result of my powers, I can feel people's minds and when I saw you yesterday yours felt more similar to mine than a normal human." My mind began to whirr with questions. What the hell did she mean by that.

"W-what is that supposed to mean?" I chose it as my first question.

"I'm not sure, I've never felt it until now." she shrugged and looked as if she was about to say something before her phone obnoxiously rang. She looked at me with an apologetic look as she stood and walked out. Just like that she left. Gone. Like that. Like she didn't just tell me I was different. I just turned around and threw some eggs into a pan and begun cooking.

"Hey, mind if you put some on for me?" I turned to see a very tired looking Natasha sitting down at the counter.

"Uhh... Yeah, sure" I responded and added two more eggs into the pan. After they were done I put them onto some toast and accompanied them with bacon, I served Natasha hers and sat down next to her and begun to eat my breakfast. There was an awkward silence between us.

"How are you? You look confused about something" She asked, breaking the few minute streak of silence.

"Oh... it's nothing, don't worry" I smiled and stood up to put my dishes away into the dishwasher, but before I could achieve any sort of movement I felt a hand grab my shoulder and pull me down back onto the chair, I turned my whole body to face a smug-looking Natasha smirking at me.

"I used to be a Russian spy, I know when someone's lying, so tell me, What's wrong?" she was staring into my eyes, almost seemed as she was staring through me right down to the bone.

"Well I was told news that shocked me" was all that I said but it didn't seem to satisfy Natasha.

"What was this 'shocking news'" she smirked

"Wanda said that my mind felt different to a normal person and then.... left" I replied with a deadpan expression. After a few long minutes of awkward silence, Natasha broke that silence.

"I'm sure it's fine. She would have been hectic if it was bad, believe me." she smiled and continued to eat her eggs. I nodded, she had a valid point. I stood up and placed my dishes in the sink, I headed straight to my bedroom, still wary of the news I had received.

I open the door to my room and venture across my room, in the end, I sat on my chair. "Friday, set up the shower for me, please," I said as I looked through the code for Itab, he would be finished soon, at least one thing was going well for me.

"Right away, sir" Friday responded. I nodded and continued to work on the code. I continued to tweak the code, mumbling to myself until Friday spoke up again. "Sir, the shower is ready for you." I stopped coding, I pushed myself off of my chair and walked into the bathroom.

I closed the door and locked it behind me, I stared into the mirror and saw my depressed face staring back at me, I sighed as I pulled my dirty clothes off and threw them onto the floor. I stepped into the shower and let the warm water flow down my body, I stood there just feeling the water drop down me before shampooing and conditioning my hair. I finished washing and got out of the shower, turning it off. I dried myself and wrapped a towel loosely around my waist and headed out of the bathroom back into the main part of my room. I walked over to my pile of clothes that were in the corner of my room. I pulled out a pair of comfortable pants and a baggy shirt, I put them on and walked over to my bed.

I sat down on my bed with a sigh and looked through social media, only to see my face plastered everywhere with news headlines such as, 'New Stark?', 'Stark Family Reunion', 'Confirmed Son of Stark', 'Heir to Stark Industries', 'The Next Iron Man' and more. I groaned, great, just when I thought maybe I could have a normal life, no, I was everywhere and everyone knew my name. The infamous Y/N Stark.