Chapter 6

I looked through the now blank lenses of the glasses at the front door of the base. I sigh thinking of school starting the day after tomorrow, but shook it off and thought rather of Nat, she made me feel happy, happier than anyone had since my mother's death. I headed to the door feeling happy to have Nat ask me to hang out as friends rather than vice versa. I opened the door to be met with a smiling Nat and a not so happy-looking older man that I found familiar but didn't know why leaning on the side of a black car. I was pulled out of my thought by Nat speaking, "You ready to go?" I looked over to her and smiled

"Ready as I'll ever be" I smirked, she chuckled and the man rolled his eyes,

"Definitely a Stark" The man spoke and his voice even sounded familiar, I looked over to him with a questioning look but also a hint of anger at being compared to my father but shook it off.

"Ok, Happy let's go" Nat said, my face turned to shock and humour as I tried to hold back my laughter but failed and let out a bellowing laugh at the irony of his name and demeanour.

"Ha ha, yes funny name I know now let's go!" He practically yelled as he got into the driver's seat and closed the door waiting for Nat and I to get in. Nat looked from the angry Happy to me, she got off of the side of the car and walked towards me grabbing my shoulder and pulling me into the car, I was still trying to stop laughing but I just wouldn't. As I sat in the car I finally started to calm down looking towards the front of the car to which I see Happy raising the blackened window that separated the front of the car from the back.

"Aw come on Happy, I'm sorry" I apologised as he raised the window fully, now Nat was laughing. I looked over to her, as I saw her laughing an alerting thought came to me, I hadn't seen Wanda since the day she told me I was different and then just left. "Hey, Nat have you seen Wanda recently? I haven't seen her since that day." As I finished speaking it appeared as something clicked in Nat's brain, her face showed what clicked, she hadn't seen her either.

"No, I haven't" She was looking concerned but also calm.

"Itab?" I said looking forward now.

"Yes, sir?" He responded.

"Run a global search for Wanda, we don't want to see her hurt." As I said this an image of the globe appeared on the lenses with a bunch of little red dots scattered over the globe that represented all humans on the planet.

"Searching" Itab announced, It took about two seconds of searching through all cameras and media to find her. The globe shrunk to the corner with one of the red dots in Europe enlarged. A video box popped up showing Wanda at the side of a massive crater, I recognised it but Itab confirmed it. "She is at the Sokovian memorial site, sir." I looked to Nat who had a knowing look on her face as she heard Itab's announcement. I gave a look asking for an explanation, she picked up on this and gave me one.

"When Novi Grad was taken by Ultron, Wanda and her brother Pietro Maximoff, helped us." as she said this Itab pulled up a SHIELD file with a picture of a hot young man in the picture and the name read MAXIMOFF, Pietro, not the time! not the time at all, Y/N! I thought to myself, at the bottom of the file in all red was 'DECECEACED, K.I.A' "When we were all fighting, he sacrificed himself to save Clint and a small child, she seemed to be getting over his death, but we just need to give her some time." The file went away and I gave Nat a nod of agreement.

The rest of the drive was spent in comfortable silence. I was thinking about Wanda and what she said again, what could she of meant by that? that I was different? I shook it off saying that I'll ask her when she gets back from Sokovia.

The car came to a stop outside of a small Ice cream shop not too far from the deli that Spiderman took me to. Nat and I got out of the car and walked inside the shop, we ordered our Ice Cream, she got some Strawberry and I got Cookies n' Cream. After we got our Ice Cream we sat down at an empty table outside earning some stares and camera flashes, Nat saw this as well and leaned in, whispering she said "Bet you ten bucks tomorrow there will be speculations of us dating" she thought the same thing as me, as she pulled away I nodded and she smirked. "Anyway, tell me, What happened with you and Tony?" I sighed and she smiled at me to tell me to take my time.