Chapter 7

The rest of the drive home was spent with you panicking about what your father was going to do or tell you when you returned. Nat tried multiple times to calm me down but every time she tried you just came back to worrying about not just your father's but the rest of the Avenger's reactions to it. Nat eventually got you to stop and breath, you became silent and looked out the window. You saw the tower come into view which made your heart start to beat faster but you didn't let it get any worse, that was until you saw your Father standing outside the front doors with his arms crossed. You couldn't see his expression but it couldn't have been good.

When the car came to a stop your door faced your father's figure. The door opened to reveal a smiling Tony, you were to say the least very confused, Is he angry? "So, what's your name?" He asked excitedly like a child asking for a new toy.

"uhm.... you're not angry or mad?" I asked him, I gulped wen he leaned back.

"Well, it is dangerous, but can you handle it?" He looked down to me.

"Yes" I said as confidently as I could.

"Ok, good. Now what's your name?" he asked again, you sighed and rolled your eyes, he was definitely a child at heart.

"uhh... Serenity...." You winced after you said it waiting for him to laugh.

"Hmm, I like it, It really rolls of the tongue. Serenity....... Serenity.......Serenity..... Seren-" You cut him off from repeatedly saying Serenity by getting out of the car, so now you were eyeline with him, well you were a bit taller than him.

"Ok, let's go inside" You smiled at him, his eyes scanned your face, more importantly your glasses. Shit.

"Do those glasses have Itab in them?" He asked, you just simply nodded before walking past him into the tower. You got into the elevator followed by your father and Nat who was looking at you smirking, she came up next to you and whispered into your ear,

"I told you so" she leaned back and you looked at her and rolled your eyes, she just smirked at you. The doors closed and you went up towards the labs. Once you arrived at said floor the doors opened to reveal Tony's private lab, well Tony's and yours, but in the middle was your suit.

"When I first saw it I had a compartment put into your room, so that's where it going to go and you're beginning with patrolling, Kapeesh?" You groaned, but you wanted to at least start somewhere,

"Kapeesh." was all you said, this caused Tony to smile and Nat to chuckle, you looked at the suit and said, "Hey, Itab?" The suits eyes lit up.

"Yes, sir?" He responded from the glasses though the lit up eyes indicated he was inside the suit already.

"Take the suit to my room's compartment will you?" You asked as Tony, Nat and you looked towards it waiting to see if it would work.

"Of course, sir" Itab responded and the suit begun to look up towards the opening circle shaped door in the roof for the Iron Man suit, Tony had at least one of these in all the rooms just in case, the door opened fully and the suit blasted out of it, it was flying perfectly. "All systems are going well" Itab now spoke throughout the room.

"Good, great even!" Tony responded, you looked to him, he said, "Dinner at 9" you nodded and headed for the elevator, Nat was about to step in with you but Tony spoke before she could, "Nat can you stay here for a sec?" She looked to you and smiled before turning and nodding, the elevator door closed and begun to head up to the rooms.

Once the elevator stopped you walked off towards your room. As you walked into the room you decided to go on a quick patrol since dinner was at 9 you thought you had time to go out and fly around. The only problem being that you had no clue where this secret compartment was, but the suit was nowhere in sight so Itab had to know. "Itab, can you bring the suit out, please?" Just as you finished speaking a part of the wall next to the entrance to the bathroom opened up to reveal your suit standing there, you walked up to the suit and it turned around revealing its back which opened up. You removed your glasses placing them in your pocket. You stepped into the suit and it closed around your back. As the suit closed a bunch of UI came up and you could see your room as the plate below the suit had turned back around.

"All systems a go for, sir" Itab said inside the suit.

"Good, let's go for a ride then" you responded, you stepped out of the compartment and it closed behind you. The UI showed that all systems were good and ready for take off, you blasted through the circular door in your roof and flew out into the skyline of New York City.

You intertwined through the buildings scattered across the New York skyline looking  down at the cars racing through the roads, it reminded you of an ant colony going to and from. What you didn't know was that Spiderman was following close behind you, confused as to why there was someone who looked like Iron Man, but he knew that Iron Man had Red and Gold rather than Blue and Gold. You saw a man pull a younger woman into a dark alleyway she looked very distresses and terrified of the man this made you know something bad was about to happen to the poor woman. You blasted down towards the alleyway. Spidey saw you blast down and got even more confused but soon saw the problem.

As you landed inside the alleyway yo saw the woman trying to scream but her mouth being covered by the mans gloved hand prevented her from doing such. The man's other hand was on the woman's upper thigh travelling higher. You put your hand on the man's shoulder causing him to look at you.

"Hello" You said and punched him in the face for sure breaking his jaw, he fell to the ground in pain and you walked over to the woman who was now recovering. "Ma'am are you alright?" You asked she begun to cry before leaping on you and hugging you.

"Thank you! Thank you!" She wailed into the hug before letting go and moving back. You gave her a nod before blasting off back towards the tower, you had enough of flying for now. Spiderman watched the whole scene unfold from the ledge of the building across the street, watching as you flew away he was quick to get up and follow you that was until he saw the time.