Chapter 8

The suit descended back into the little enclave built into my room's walls. A rush of cool air hit my back as the rear of the suit opened up for me to step out. As I did so my father strutted into the room with his usual snobby demeanour.

"Almost missed dinner, Y/N" He said, poking around my room.

"Yeah, ran into something, no biggie." I responded.

"Well don't just stand there, get something on and get down there. The whole team's going to be down there for dinner along with that new intern of mine. He has some potential, you know."

"Your intern? Why on Earth would he be at a dinner with the Avengers?" I asked, very confused.

"Reasons" Was all he responded with before leaving the room for me to get changed.

I pulled on the clothes that had been left out for me, by whom? I wouldn't know.

I walked into the dining room in my outfit to the entire team assembled around the table, waiting for something.

"Ahh there you are Y/N, we were beginning to think you had ran for it." Tony yelled out from the head of the table, I mean where else would he be?

"Not yet..." I joked, causing him to smirk. Natasha offered me the seat next to her, which I gladly took with a smile.

"Meet the Intern I was telling you about, Y/N" Tony said. I looked up to see a boy around my age with light hair and soft brown eyes. Something about him seemed eerily familiar, as if I had met him before, I shook it off however. 

"Hi!" he said, making nerves eye contact with me.

"Hey..." I replied, his voice also sounded very familiar. He sat across from me, I couldn't stop staring at him; one, because I was still trying to pinpoint where I had seen him before, and 2, because he was ... dare I say - kinda cute?

"How was the fly?" Natasha whispered to me, scaring the everliving Christ out of me.

"G-good, Jesus, you almost gave me a heart attack." I replied.

"Well maybe if you paid more attention to your surroundings than to loverboy over there you may have not gotten so scared." She laughed a little at herself. It seemed that said loverboy overheard her comment as when I looked back over at him, he had turned a light pinkish colour and was staring quite intently at his dinner.

"I was not paying him any attention what so ever!" I protested, knowing full well she was right.

"Mmhmm, whatever you say.... whatever you say" She smirked, now it was my turn to go pink, I frantically covered my cheeks as she burst out laughing at me causing many heads to turn. 

Natasha eventually gathered herself and stopped laughing at me and everyone else went along with their dinners and conversations. However, when I looked back up at the intern we locked eyes with each other. A moment flashed past before we both quickly looked down. Did that just happen? I asked myself - a short elbow in my ribs from Natasha remind me it had.

The rest of dinner went well, the food was delicious, but could you expect any less? After dinner I was apparently hooked up on dish-washing duty with the new intern. Great, just what I need!

We were both silently washing the many dishes that had come out of the four course meal we had just had when he spoke up.

'Hey, I-i never caught your name back there" He stuttered out.

"Oh, well I almost assumed anybody and everybody already knew me by this point, sorry. I'm Y/N Stark, what about you?"

"Peter Parker" He responded smiling a small smile. I tried and failed to hold back a chuckled. "What?" he prodded before frowning.

"Nothing, it's just that your name is like perfect. Peter Parker? That's like... unreal." He began to chuckle along with me

"I guess you're right." He said. We then fell back into a comfortable silence for the next five minutes. What broke this silence was my dad coming out of the lounge:

"Hey kids 1 and 2, don't you think you should be making your way to bed? Parker, Im sure your aunt's waiting for you..."

"Shit, I didn't realise the time. Bye Mr. Stark, bye Y/N!" he ran off out of the kitchen.

"Guess I should go to bed as well then" I said as I was drying off my hands. 

"Yep, but first I wanted to have a chat with you about school." 

"Ughhhh, do I really have to go to school, I mean I made an AI by myself?"

"Yes, you do. Schools also about connecting with people, I mean you can't really be a superhero if you can't talk to strangers, besides Peter will be there with you." He said.

"Fine, but I can assure you i'll hate it and you'll know about it, I'll make sure of that." I said, wagging my finger at him before leaving the room to his laughs.

I went into my room and closed the door. I pulled off my dinner clothes and pulled on my pyjamas. I brushed my teeth and crawled into bed pulling up the blanket to my chin and closing my eyes. My thoughts as I fell asleep were that of that new intern, Peter, but not on him specifically but the weird fact that he reminded me of someone... But who?

I thought for what felt like ages, then it finally struck me like a hard, cold, metal bat to the face: he reminded me of that web-slinging, Spider-boy.

Surprise! Hi everyone, remember this story? I deeply apologise for not ever updating this in like 2 years, but here we are!