Uncomfortable

Naib didn't get much sleep that night, he hated that he was that scared of a something that was so unrealistic. Naib scanned his schedule and grumbled, first match was against jack.
He quickly threw on his outfit and ran to Emily's room. Naib knocked on the door quickly and stepped back, Emily's door slammed open . Emily rubbed her eyes in annoyance only for her face to soften when she saw naib.
"What brings you this early? Another nightmare?"
Naib sighed "no , it's just I saw that jack was gonna be in my first match today."
Emily smiled softly "don't worry naib, it was only a dream after all."
Naib felt as though he was being watched so he quickly turned his head and saw William peaking his head out of his room.
William smiled upon seeing naib had seen him, William quickly recoiled back into his room.
Naib glared at Williams door 'how much of that did he hear? He better keep his mouth shut.' Naib grumbled and turned back to Emily. "If he talks about any of this when I'm not around please smack him."
Emily smiled "will do, good luck on your match!"
———————————————
Naib adjusted his elbow pads and put his head in his hands. Edgar, Helena, and Martha were his teammates this time around.
Naib couldn't think as properly as he wanted to , his brain replayed himself being beat up over and over. Naib rubbed his temples to try to relieve his mind from the stress, Naibs eyes caught a glimpse of jacks mask from behind the curtain.
Naib quickly threw his head on the table keeping his brain focused on the pain whether then fear.

Naib could feel the eyes of everyone (except for Helena ) , it was as though they had lasers for eyes. Luckily the crack of glass knocked them all out.
The glass shattered once again waking naib back up, naib furrowed his eyebrows at the brightly lit street ( China town)
Naib glared at the water puddles that stretched through the whole map, 'my boots are gonna be soaking wet after this, I need better ones.'
Naib quickly jogged to a cipher and started to decode. His brain was fighting his memories as the sounds infested his head. Naib shut his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows trying to fight off the nightmare of memories. Suddenly a sweet and bubbly voice entered his ears "excuse me, may I decode with you?"

Naib opened his eyes and looked to his side , Helena fixed her glasses and smiled warmly. Naib sighed "sure,"
Helenas face seemed to brighten even more , "thank you! A lot of people don't decode with me this early in a match," she set her cane down on the side of the cipher and began to decode. Naib focused his brain on the conversation "well it's normally because they want to get more ciphers done ,"

Helena sighed "I know but it's harder for me to see the hunter so I like to have people by me so I can get a heads up ."
"That's smart, I'll make sure to warn you." Naib smiled.
The conversation died and silence consumed the both of them until naib heard something, nai quickly whispered to Helena. "Hide, he's here." Helena grabbed her cane and crouched behind the cipher as naib walked more into the open, although he didn't want to he would distract the hunter. Naib saw jack look at him, naib was consumed with fear. Jack began to approach naib which made naib run to a pallet. He ducked behind it and felt his body uncontrollably shake , jack laughed " no worries naib I've decided to go friendly this match!"
Naib got up on his feet and walked over to jack , naib furrowed his eyebrows at jack "give me your arm for a second,"
Jack laughed uncomfortably "why?"
Naib looked at jack straight in the eyes ( well more like the eyeholes of the mask)
"Just do it ."
Jack held his arm out and naib immediately grabbed it and started to feel for any muscles , naib was relieved to know that jack had no real strength in his arms.
Naib looked back at jack to thank him but stopped releasing how close their faces were. Naibs face heated up uncontrollably as he dropped jacks arm and stepped back quickly, naib looked at the ground and mumbled "thank you for that, I needed to check something."
Jacks voice shifted to a tone naib wasn't too familiar with . "Were you checking me out~"
Naib felt his jaw drop and his face grow even hotter . "WHAT! N-NO! I was just-" jack burst into laughter "I'm kidding! But why did you need to see my arm?"
Naib was about to tell him when he stopped. He couldn't exactly say ' I had a dream about you!' That's weird. "Uh- um.... Oh! Emily was making a side project on hunters and asked me to research on you because we are friends, yeah... that's it..."
Jack looked naib up and down " really," his tone was suspicious but it swiftly changed to a bubbly one. "Well what does she want to know? I'll gladly talk to her about anything she wants to know."