Chapter 2

Eren and Armin slowly made their way to the arcade. Small conversations here and there. It's been a while since they've hung out like this, so it's just awkward.

"So," Eren started, "what have you been up too lately?"

Armin looked up at the messy brown haired boy walking beside him. "Nothing really. Just homework, student council stuff. It's not really all that entertaining."

Armin looked back down at his feet, slightly blushing. He hasn't been this close to Eren in forever. It's killing him.

"The girl I like is on the student council. Her name is Annie. I assume you know her. She is so hot."

Armin was heart broken. The guy he has had a crush on for years likes someone else. "Yea, I know her. She's the president. Quite smart too."

"Ain't she lovely?"

"Yea. Lovely," Armin muttered to himself, jealous of Annie.

"What did you say? Oh! Look Armin, we're here."

Armin looked up at the arcade sign. He sighed, following Eren in. They played game after game, or Eren did. He was enjoying himself more than Armin was.  He was to sad about the fact his crush didn't like him, but what was he to expect. That this was a date? Ridiculous.

"Hey, Armin. You okay? You seem sad, or do you not like arcade games anymore? I'm sorry for bringing you here."

"No. You're fine. I still love arcade games. In fact, my grandpa takes me here whenever he can. I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"It's all that homework and council business. You need to lighten up a bit Armin! Relax!"

Eren out his arm around his should as he led them out the arcade and down the street. It was getting quite late and they still hadn't eaten. Eren seemed to be leading them to a new restaurant, The Rose. It'd seemed good from the reviews Armin read, but he still hasn't tried it yet. It was quite expensive.

"Umm, Eren?"

Armin looked nervous as Eren lead him into the restaurant.

"Ya?"

"This place is quite expensive. I can't afford it."

"Don't worry, Armin. Owners son owes me one, so he's paying."

Armin nodded in response. First the arcade and now this. It seemed like a date.

The service was incredible, the food was too. It was a great place to dine in. 

Eren was currently walking Armin home. He insisted since they don't hang out anymore. It was quite cold out and dark. It was about 9-ish. Armin shivered. He didn't have a jacket at the moment and was to scared to say anything.

'Damn fall,' Armin thought.

"Armin, your shivering. Here."

Eren took off his jacket and put it on his friend. He was wearing a long sleeved shirt, so he wouldn't mind that much.

Armin look up at Eren confused. Why was he doing this? After all, they were just friends. Still he took it. He was slowly beginning to get warmer.

"Why did you do that, Eren?"

"Because. You're my friend and you were cold. I couldn't let you freeze."

"But what about you? Won't you get cold?"

"Nah. I'll be fine. It's not long till our houses anyway."

The rest of the walk was silent. A quick goodbye at Armin's door and he was off. Armin still had Eren's jacket on. He forgot to give it back, but it was too late.

'I'll give it back tomorrow.'

Armin was in need of a nice, relaxing shower. Spending the evening with Eren has him flustered. More flustered than normal.

He took a nice long shower and curled up in bed, reading his favorite book, The Fault in Our Stars. Armin was in Eren's jacket. It smelled like him. It calmed him, but with everything that's happened today between them was too much. He was still flustered by all the interactions. But he loved someone else. Not him, Annie.

He never had a chance. It made him sad. Of course he wanted to tell Mikasa, but she'd get defensive and go off on Eren. He wanted to let Eren know he liked him himself.

Armin shut his book, turning off the lights and curling up in bed. Armin silently cried himself to sleep that night.

His heart was broken.