𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨. no strings attached

❛ ── chapter zero
NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

 ❜

          𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐋𝐘, the existence of boys to Han Shi-Jin were nothing more of a mere toy that she could play and dispose off whenever she liked.

Rabid animals that would flaunt themselves at her any chance they could. To her, they were little games she'd effortlessly win at before crossing them out in red ink.

She finds it thrilling, a guilty pleasure she partakes in. Everything from the : " Hey, you're pretty cute. Want to grab a drink with me? " Down to the : " I'm actually not sorry, you're so fucking boring and I'm going to end things now. Oh! And just to be clear. I dumped you, the problem was you and not me, don't get it twisted. "

As she said, fun.

It was just the journey from start to finish that she dreaded, how tiresome it was having to pretend some average-looking hormonal boy was actually interesting. They were all just the same old, same old.

And so was Park Jae-Eon. The girl was no fool to his alluring and charming looks, nor was she swayed by his outgoing and friendly personality. And contrary to popular belief, she didn't want anything to do with that two-faced of a man, absolutely anything.

And yet, he still found a way to slither into her life, and make her once peaceful day to day routine, a total mess.

It was safe to say, Han Shi-Jin hated Park Jae-Eon, and Park Jae-Eon found this whole situation rather── amusing to say the least. After all, what was wrong with a little harmless, ongoing, banter?

But two could play at that game. And games were Shi-Jin's specialty, something she always won at.

Han Shi-Jin and Park Jae-Eon. Park Jae-Eon and Han Shi-Jin. They were the storm after the calm, the Thunder before the rainbow. And what an unruly pair they made.

But when rumors spark up among campus── rumors about Hongseo University's 'it' boy and girl hooking up. The both decide to do the only thing they knew how to, feed into those lies.

Turn those baseless accusations into something a little more. . . Realistic. With no strings attached, of course.

Midnight rendezvous in a hotel's suite, heated kisses on the dance floor, mid-argument make out sessions── you name it, they did it. And it was all for show, because after all, Han Shi-Jin and Park Jae-Eon were obviously never going to see the same side.

But when the air changes around them, so does their feelings. And the no string attached agreement seems to be getting a little harder to obey each day.

Han Shi-Jin and Park Jae-Eon have never seen eye to eye ever since the very first day, nevertheless. . . The devil has other plans, and it's all about to change.