𝐨𝐧𝐞. they're enemies, nevertheless...

❛ ── chapter one
THEY'RE ENEMIES, NEVERTHELESS...

 ❜

          𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐈-𝐉𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍, she craved and attracted it all at once. With a face like hers, how could she not?

She likes to think the reason behind it was that she was just simply made to stand out and live in the moment, her sole purpose in life was to be the center of each and every conversation.

But Shi-Jin has learned to be real good at denying the resentment she feels for the real cause of it all; whether it be the fact she was abused and neglected at home, or that her family was slowly falling apart── her father having multiple affairs and her mother spending their endless riches on alcohol and drugs.

Regardless of it all, the Han girl has made sure her reputation would remain above everyone else's, to attain perfection at every aspect.

She threaded through campus, her head held high as other students trailed their eyes on her── some trying to spark up a conversation. Her designer heels clicked against the stone pathway, Shi-Jin had always liked showing off her luxuries ( her motto always being 'I like my money where I can see it.' )

Her dark hair cascaded down in loose beach curls, occasionally bouncing as she walked. A long-sleeved black double breasted dress hung over her figure, gold buttons cinching in her waist as the stiff fabric ended right above her knees.

As she began entering the main building, an arm draped itself on her waist as a smell she knew all too familiar encased her senses. She rolled her eyes as a small scowl appeared on her face.

" Let go. " Shi-Jin instructed as she made minimal effort to pry his arm off, the male body beside her chuckled, clearly ignoring her as he pulled her closer to him.

" You don't want to cause a commotion here now, do you? So just let me do my thing and walk you to class. " Jae-Eon grinned into her ear, his tone hinting slight humor. Their skinship only gaining the attention of more people around them.

She scoffed. " And they say chivalry is dead. " Sarcasm dripping at every word, this wasn't anything new to the two; on the outside they acted like the university's power couple, but when no one was looking, the two would try to get under each other's skin.

" Honestly, with a personality like yours, I'm surprised so many people actually like you. " He muttered under his breath, albeit, loud enough for her to hear.

Shi-Jin let out another scoff before she stopped in her tracks, they were already outside her class and the girl was glad to finally get rid of him. Facing the boy, she pretended to pounder. " Let's see. . . I'm rich, I'm pretty, and an awfully good kisser. What's there not to like about me? " She counted with her fingers every time she listed a fact.

" And your ego is through the roof, " he snorted. They were now face to face, his arm still around her waist as she had both of hers crossed over her chest. Jae-Eon leaned in closer and whispered in her ear. " You're also pretty good in bed, I'll give you that. " His serious tone sent tingles down Shi-Jin's spine.

Pushing him away, she irritably flicked a stray strand of hair out of her face before glaring at him. " You're a real women pleaser, aren't you? " She huffed and turned on her heel, heading towards her class. " Bye, don't bother waiting for me. I have other── "

The girl was cut off when he grabbed ahold of her wrist and spun her back around, her steps faltered as she stumbled slightly. But before she could react, Jae-Eon had already pressed his lips on hers, Shi-Jin rolled her eyes but nonetheless, responded back. He may be a total asshole, but he sure knew how to kiss── and Shi-Jin wasn't going to pass up a good kiss.

" Yo! Get a room you two! " A man snickered and so did the group behind him. They pulled apart, both remaining eye contact as their chests were panting.

Jae-Eon let loose of his grip before his lips pulled up into a sly grin. Shi-Jin remained deadpanned as she finally left and entered her class.

The man outside had a somewhat dreamy look in his eyes, out of all the women he kissed, Han Shi-Jin's lips were the softest and most addictive. He'd kiss it all day if he could, subconsciously, his fingers went to touch his own lips. The taste of coffee and the tingle from just moments before still lingering.

Shi-Jin slumped into her seat, tossing her designer bag on the far edge of the table. The day had barely begun and her mood was already soured.

Pushing any thought of the boy aside, she began prepping her supplies to resume her painting. Shi-Jin had chosen to specialize in oil painting instead of clay sculpting. Her only reason being that she hated the feeling of clay under her nails.

A chime echoed from her phone breaking her train of thoughts, abandoning her supplies, she unlocked her phone and met with Jae-Eon's message.

'Want to grab a drink tonight?'

She scrunched her nose as she pondered at his invitation. Was it worth seeing his face this early in morning and drinking with him right before she went to bed, just so she could get drunk? The answer was yes.

'Fine. I'll meet you there.'

# 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 ! ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

okay, short chapter but first chapter ! this kinda shows their relationship and threading the surface of her home life. also, debating if i should make nabi the bad guy. . . idk. please vote !