𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. she didn't know her, nevertheless...

❛ ── chapter four
SHE DIDN'T KNOW HER, NEVERTHELESS...

 ❜

          𝐉𝐀𝐄-𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐈𝐍𝐆, don't get him wrong. He would absolutely be down to take a few shots ( or bottles ) with his fellow friends. But something about today was giving him an inch at the back of his head.

It all started when Shi-Jin had received a last minute announcement that her seniors in the oil painting department had arranged a gathering for tonight, at the same time Jae-Eon was supposed to meet with his.

So with the plan that she was suppose to follow Jae-Eon now jeopardized ( since it was specified in her invite that it was mandatory to attend ) he was just a little sulky about heading into the night.

He threads towards the restaurant with his hands stuffed into his jean pockets, his bag slung over his chest. Jae-Eon trailed the path he walked when a familiar figure came into view, not one he was hoping to see, but at the very least reminded him of her.

" We meet again. " He smiles at the girl, who looked him up and down in surprise.

" What are you doing here? " Nabi meekly asks, but before the boy could answer, Bit-Na slides open the door and greets the two. Leaving their small talk at a halt.

" Hey, you're here. " The girl acknowledges but pauses when she realizes someone isn't beside him. " Oh? Where's Shi-Jin? I thought you guys were coming together, everyone was super pumped to drink with her. "

" Her seniors made last minute plans tonight. " He shrugs and Bit-Na noticeably deflates. Laughing, the man walks into into the restaurant. " She promises to make it next time, I'll head in first. "

'Shi-Jin?' Nabi thought to herself, the name sounded oddly familiar. Was she close to him? Were they dating? And so came a small pang of jealousy to a girl Yoo Nabi had never seen before.

" Who's Shi-Jin? " The girl slipped out unsurely.

" Don't worry about her, she's not coming today. We'll introduce the two of you next time. " Bit-Na stated whilst patting her shoulder before dragging her into the warm restaurant.

Jae-Eon's eyes trail the two girls who arrive last and watch as Nabi take a seat in front of him.

" But we have a newbie today. " Bit-Na announces to the rest seated at the table and wraps an arm around her friend's shoulder. " She made a rare appearance, so be nice to her. " And claps echoed through the room, making Nabi slightly uncomfortable.