𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. paint smudges, nevertheless...

❛ ── chapter seven
PAINT SMUDGES, NEVERTHELESS...

 ❜

          𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖 𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋, screw this whole project, screw her damn degree even. Shi-Jin could not be bothered with this whole university thing anymore.

          She's thought about it for the past two hours, maybe── And it's a really slim maybe── if a certain someone ( Park Jae-Eon ) hadn't turned off her alarm ( Park Jae-Eon ) and forced her to stay in bed, ( Park Jae-Eon ) not that the hungover was entirely her fault. She would've probably been able to get by with a solid B+ on her assignment.

          The sun had already set for some time now and she could feel herself getting hangry. She was the last one left in class and the only thing keeping the room illuminated was the florescent light from the hallway outside.

          " Screw you Park Jae-Eon, screw you and your damn butterflies. " The girl muttered as her paintbrush aggressively smacked against the canvas. " I hope you fall into a ditch and── "

          " ──Goodness, no wonder my ear was itching so much on the way here. " A voice spoke up in the silence from the door, Shi-Jin flinched and whipped her head towards him. Jae-Eon rested his hands inside his pockets as he leaned his figure on the doorframe, a smirk plastered on his face.

          " How long have you been there? It's not exactly nice to eavesdrop. " She asked looking back at the canvas.

           The girl heard his footsteps advance towards her before he situated himself beside her. " Long enough to hear the bad parts, plus you mumble so loudly people would think you wanted to be heard. " He slumped his arms on the table, eyes immediately locking on her.

          " Clearly thought I was alone. " Shi-Jin rolled her eyes and continued on her painting. She was still in the beginning stages of the piece; adding her base colors before she could even start the details.

          Jae-Eon doesn't say anything but chuckles at her child-like temper. He rests his head on his arms and watches her in silence, her eyebrows knit together in the center and a hard expression follows her.

          The boy pokes the bridge between her eyebrows and Shi-Jin snaps out of her irritated state, turning to look at him. They remain in pure silence as their eyes remain interlocked, he's grinning at her from below as her expression is stoic, almost clueless.

          All of a sudden, Jae-Eon feels something cold on the side of his cheek. Shi-Jin pressed the tip of her paintbrush against his skin, the red paint smearing. The boy's smile grows but doesn't move and allows her to continue drawing on him.

           Shi-Jin moves her chair closer to him and lightly grabs his chin, focusing on the childish activity. She's close, unaware just how much the close proximity was affecting him. He could admire her every detail, her eyelashes frame her beautiful brown eyes, her lips that molded so perfectly with his curls upwards, as her breath was hot on his ear.

          " What are you doing? " Jae-Eon asks with a humorous tone, and the girl releases his chin from her grasps to lean back and admire her work.

          She breaks out in a fit of laughter, the boy pulls out his phone and opens his front camera. His cheeks had been painted with two red hearts, Shi-Jin's laugh is contagious and he soon joins her.

          Jae-Eon quickly picks up a paintbrush and dips it into some green paint, he wraps an arm around the back of her neck and pulls her close.

          Shi-Jin doesn't mind this, and allows her fits of giggles to die down. " Don't make me look ugly, " her request causes him to roll his eyes.

          " Have faith, I'm also an art student if you forgot. " He mutters and picks up some yellow. " ... Done. "

          He smiles at his finished masterpiece, a green flower on each cheek with a yellow bud in the center. Shi-Jin is still held in place by his hand, both not really in the mood to break free from their position. They lock eyes once again, and although the attraction between pulled the two closer like a magnet, the girl was hungry.

          Shi-Jin quickly splotches a red dot of paint on his nose before grinning, " let's get out of here. I'm hungry. " Jae-Eon sighs happily in defeat before complying to her wishes.

          " What do you want? And don't say ramen again, we've been having it for weeks now. " He says as they walk out of campus, one of his hands situated in his pants pocket while the other holds her hand.

          " Too bad, it's the only store open right now that's close by. " She sticks her tongue out and swings the intertwined hands. " By the way, are we really going to walk around like this? " She motions to their faces, the paint now almost dried against their skin.

          He shrugs, " why not? It's cute, no? " A smirk is etched onto his lips.

          The walk is nice, but Jae-Eon is bursting with energy and is in need of getting some out. He drops her hand and starts speed walking ahead of her.

          " Last one there pays for the winner's meal. " He proposes the challenge and Shi-Jin throws him a scoff, but as he takes off into a jog the girl realizes she's about to be left behind. " Come on! Hurry! "

          " Park Jae-Eon! There's no way in hell I'm running in heels! And I never agreed to this! " She shouts so he can hear her due to their distance. Her arms are crossed over her chest and the boy huffs a breathy laugh.

          He jogs back towards her and before she can protest, he picks her up bridal style and continues walking forward.

           " Let me go right this instant, it's already embarrassing enough that our faces are covered in paint. " She threatens but Jae-Eon takes no mind to it. At this, Shi-Jin pouts. " By the way, does this mean I win? "

          He holds back a laugh, " as if. No way. "

          " Yes, I do. "

          " No. "

          " Yes. "

          " No. "

          " Yes── Don't you dare drop me you idiot! " She wraps her arms around his neck to keep her from falling. " Fine! I'll pay. " Shi-Jin gives in and Jae-Eon holds her properly again.

          " See, isn't it refreshing to admit your loss once in awhile? " He taunts and she shoots dagger eyes at him.

          " You parasite. . . "

          Park Jae-Eon did in fact pay for both their meals that night.

# 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 ! ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

and we're finally done with episode one of the series T-T totally did not disappear for god knows how long ... heh, anywaysss i'm back and i hope you enjoy this chapter that's been sitting in my drafts since the beginning of time :D please vote !