𝐭𝐰𝐨. it's a game, nevertheless...

❛ ── chapter two
IT'S A GAME, NEVERTHELESS...

 ❜

          𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐑. Shi-Jin and Jae-Eon sat at the far end of the bar, downing their── what the girl assumed was her third glass of gin and tonic, whilst the boy beside her was hanging on his now watered down glass of whiskey.

Her finger lazily traced the rim of her cup as she rested her head on the back of her hand. By now, alcohol had ran through her veins and back and every muscle in her body had untensed.

" Look at you, someone's got a bunch going on in their head. " Jae-Eon turned to face her, leaning his elbow on the table. " This is your what? Fourth drink of the night? Are you planning on dying from alcohol poisoning? " He asked rhetorically.

Shi-Jin rolled her eyes before lulling her head to meet his gaze with a bored one. " Let's play a game. " She proposed, her voice slightly slurred as she was still in the midst of sobering up.

He raised an eyebrow, clearly on the same page as Shi-Jin. " What game do you have in mind? "

The girl lazily lifted the corners of her lips as she gave him a drunken smile. " I bet, I could get that guy over there. . . " She pointed to a random lone drinker sitting at a table behind him. " Before you could get that girl. " Shi-Jin turned her body to a girl sitting alone across the bar.

" Is that a challenge? " Jae-Eon had a cheeky grin on his lips as she hummed, he brought his face closer to Shi-Jin's ear, tucking a strand of hair behind it. " Game on. " He smirked.

Shi-Jin glanced at the girl behind her before whispering into his ear. " Her name is Yoo Nabi, she's in the sculpting department in our Uni. She's an all round good girl. I bet she's never smoked a cigarette in her life. "

He pondered for a moment before smirking. " Oh, by the time I'm done with her, she'll have a cigarette in her mouth and a pretty little butterfly on her arm. " Jae-Eon mimicked her tone, using his thumb to circle an area of her arm where he planned to draw the butterfly. " And you, I bet you'll never get that dude to admit he's a horrible kisser. " The man bargained.

" Easy money, consider your challenge accepted. Loser pays for the drinks. "

          𝐒𝐇𝐈-𝐉𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄, her knuckles colliding with the hard surface. It took the man a whole three seconds before finally cranking his head up at her, and immediately, his eyes darted all over her body, a mischievous glint twinkling.