𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. a drunken night, nevertheless...

❛ ── chapter five
A DRUNKEN NIGHT, NEVETHELESS...

 ❜

          𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓, even when drunk Shi-Jin still hated waiting. She switched between slumping on the ground to fumbling around the area in an attempt to keep herself entertained, but after what seemed around forever── it was ten minutes── the girl gave up waiting.

She aimlessly stumbled through the streets unable to walk in a straight line. The alleyway was dark; the only source of light being the flickering lamp posts every now and then, and the floors were covered in black trash bags.

Shi-Jin had a bashful smile on her face as she eyed them, a drunken laugh escaping from her lips. " Look it's my exes! " The girl pointed at a pile of plastic garbage, it wasn't necessarily funny but she was trying to make light of her situation.

She swayed side-to-side as she kept giggling towards the dumpster pile. But it was quickly turned into a shrill shriek when a hand grabbed ahold of her wrist and pulled her towards them.

And turns out another thing Shi-Jin could distinguish even when she was drunk was Park Jae-Eon's scent, and she didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

The boy pulled her into his arms as he panted heavily, stroking her hair. " I told you not to go anywhere you idiot, why don't you ever listen to me? Do you really despise me that much? " He urged, as Shi-Jin laid limply in his embrace.

" Bleh, why are you here? Do you want to meet my exes too? " She squirmed out of his hold and pointed at the black trash bags once again, before turning back to him and chuckling. 

" You've had too much to drink for one night, come on let's take you home. " He said but nonetheless smiles at her cute act. Jae-Eon goes to tug her wrist lightly again but Shi-Jin refused to move.

" No! My boyfriend told me to stay put, he's really strong so you should be scared. " She huffed, trying to stand her ground. Although her body kept swaying.

" Really? And why should I be scared of this boyfriend of yours? " Jae-Eon asked in a cheeky tone, drunk words were sober thoughts after all.

The girl wined, " he'll beat you up. So you better let me go. " He laughed, before grabbing both of her arms and draping them over his shoulder. " Hey! What are you doing? Didn't you── " She shrieked again as Jae-Eon scooped her up from her thighs.

" Isn't it obvious? This super strong boyfriend of yours is giving you a piggyback. " Jae-Eon smirks, watching her expression grow flat as he hoisted her higher onto his back. " Alright! Let's go, your one way ticket on board the Jae-Eon express. Buckle up! "

" Can we get ice cream on the way back? " She finally perks up in a drunken slur, burying her head into his hair, too tired to actually pay attention to more than a few incoherent sentences.

He chuckles, " if it helps you sober up. I guess we could make a pit stop. "

          𝐒𝐇𝐈-𝐉𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐘, occasionally remembering to eat it, finding herself sobering up.

Jae-Eon had to put up with a whiny Shi-Jin for a whole 10 minutes as she contemplated in her drunken state which ice cream to choose.

" You've been awfully clingy, you know? " Jae-Eon muttered, still holding onto her as she wrapped her arms around his neck, body pressing against his.

" Shut up and keep walking. " Shi-Jin muttered, clearly sleep was taking over and even then she still remained her witty personality self. " You're annoying me. "

Jae-Eon chuckled, cranking his head ever-so-slightly to catch sight of her laying on his shoulder. " Why didn't you wait where I told you? Did you know how panicked I was sprinting through the streets, I thought one of your friends took you with them. " He aggravated the 'friends' word.

Shi-Jin scoffed, pulling her head forward to make eye contact with him. " I got bored, plus they aren't my friends. They're just my seniors, I'm pretty sure they made this event just so they could get me drunk. " She rolled her eyes.

The man stopped in his tracks, keeping his gaze locked on hers. She squinted at him as Jae-Eon studied her face.

He leaned forward, pressing a sultry kiss on her lips. Shi-Jin immediately responded, moving her lips in sync with his, only pulling apart when they needed air. And only staying apart for a few seconds before they dived in for a second one, tension growing between them.

He could taste the artificial flavoring that lingered on her lips as he slipped a tongue into her mouth.

" I don't get you, " she muttered once they pulled apart, still trying to catch her breath. Jae-Eon raised a brow, alluding for her to continue. " Sometimes you're completely unbearable and infuriating, but the other times you're. . . Bearable? I guess. "

" Well, at least there's an improvement. " Jae-Eon smiled, continuing his way towards her home.

" Improvement? Please, keep on dreaming. " She rolled her eyes and slumped back on his shoulder, sighing as her eyes grew droopy. Being around Jae-Eon made her feel protected and at ease, and that allowed to let her guard down around him most of the time.

" It's definitely better than being mysterious. " He noted as he felt her lean against him with a huff.

There was a threading silence that followed and Jae-Eon must've assumed she had fallen asleep. The only sound that engulfed the two were his paced footsteps and the rarely spoken dialogue of random passersby.

" I never said it was a bad thing, " she replied weakly and he could've swore his heart stopped. " I like mysterious. "

He smiled, noticing the small snores she began huffing. " Yeah, I guess I like you too. "

# 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 ! ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

lol, the ending is just wha- i hate the ending, but i'm too sleep deprived to change it. literally past midnight and i need to get up xtra early but i wanted to finish this chapter first. also my friends are blowing up my phone with messages and i'm literally going to explode if my phone vibrates one more time <3 please vote !