Chapter 2: Midgewater Marshes

Tauriel's Pov

I woke up the next morning, finding myself looking at Aragorn, who was look at me. Kind of creepy. I don't even think he got any sleep last night. I can hear him singing to himself. He then smiled at me. "Tauriel, get the hobbits up. We're leaving soon."

"Sure." I answered.

*After breakfast, and in the wild*

Sam leads the hobbit's horse, Bill, through the water, while everyone else had bags full of food, clothing, and other things they had brought from either the Shire, or Rivendell. It was midmorning when Frodo asked, "Where are you taking us?"

Aragorn doesn't even look back, and answers "Into the wild."

I hear the hobbits whispering in the back. Something about Gandalf and us being friends with him or something. I wasn't really listening.

Sam is still very confused about where we're going. "But where is he leading us?"

Aragorn heard them, and told him, "To Rivendell, Master Gamgee."

Sam got very excited. "Did you hear that, Mr. Frodo? We're going to see the elves!!" Sam whispered to Frodo, in amazement.

Then, Sam asked a question that I'm not expecting. "Lady Tauriel, where are you going?" Hm... Where should I go? I'm here with them anyway, so maybe I should go to Rivendell with them.

"I'll follow you guys to Rivendell. See what you guys are up to. By then, I'll probably know where I'm going next." I told. I actually want to tag along with them. Merry and Pippin are really fun to be with.

Not long after, the hobbits are taking out pans, food, and pots from their bags. I glance at Aragorn. Only then have he noticed what they're doing. "Gentlemen, we do not stop until nightfall!"

"What about breakfast?" Pippin asked, wanting to know why we're not stopping until nightfall.

"You already had one!" Aragorn yelled back.

"What about second breakfast?" Pip piped up.

Aragorn just shook his head, and continued his way, while everyone followed him. " Pippin is still confused as to why they couldn't have a second breakfast.

I chuckled, and continued walking. Merry told him, "Don't think he knows what second breakfast is, Pip."

Pippin looked alarmed. "What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea?" Merry started walking, but Pippin continued, "Supper? Dinner? He knows about them, doesn't he?"

Merry stops walking and looks back. "Wouldn't count on it." Before anyone can say anything else, Aragorn tossed a few apples at Merry and Pippin. Merry caught his, while Pippin didn't even see it coming.

*Later in the Midgewater Marshes*

I had smelled it before we even got there. I don't know about the others, but I think it smells disgusting. There are flies everywhere, and slimy water. The hobbits are knee deep in the water, slapping themselves once in a while, since all the flies are going to them. Wow. The flies must be attracted to them.

Hours later, night finally came. The hobbits and Aragorn are all tired by then, but as an elf, not so much for me. "I'll take the first watch."

Not long after, I became drowsy, and started to fall asleep. Apparently, Aragorn hasn't fallen asleep yet, and noticed. He got up from where he was, (which happened to be behind me), tapped my shoulder, and told me, "Go to sleep. You need it. I'll wake you up for the next watch."

I want to complain that his body didn't work like an elf's, but I know that if I stay up for a few more hours, I will accidentally fall asleep, so I agreed.

Legolas's Pov

I entered the town of Bree. It's a disaster. "I wonder what happened here." I muttered to myself. "I also don't see anyone out in the streets. Maybe I should go check the shops." So, I entered an inn, called the Prancing Pony.

I see that Barliman is still there. I asked him, "Do you know who Strider is?"

Barliman's eyes flicker with scaredness. "Yes. I do know. But why are you asking?"

"I'm looking for a ranger of the north. His name in the wild is Strider. And if you tell me, I'll give you this." I placed a small bag of gold coins on the table. I see the amazement in his eyes.

He tells me, "Yes. I've seen him. 2 days ago. He said that he's going to Rivendell, with 4 hobbits, and a red haired she-elf."

My mind immediately thinks about Tauriel. No. It can't be her. She's dead. It can't be.

"Do you know the name of the eleth's name?"

"Nope. I told you all the information I know."

I sigh. There's no point interrogating him again. I'm going to Rivendell to find this Strider person.

Just as I'm walking out, a messenger from Mirkwood runs in, and announces, " I have something to tell you, Prince Legolas. King Thranduil wants you to go to the Council of Elrond in Rivendell."

Oh, wow. What a coincidence. "You may tell him that I will go to Rivendell." The guard bows his head, and heads off to Mirkwood to deliver the message. There's no point in me staying, so I left for Rivendell.

This ride is going to be a long one.