Chapter 5: Frodo's Awakening

Frodo's Pov

I slowly opened my eyes, but the light blinded me. So, I keep my eyes closed. Suddenly, a blinding pain in my shoulder appears. I groan, and fall back into unconsciousness.

*The next day*

I open my eyes again, and am again blinded by the light. After a few minutes, my eyes are used to the sun, and slowly open my eyes again. I notice that I am wearing a white tunic, and black pants.

I don't see anyone in the room, but I still ask, "Where am I?"

Suddenly, I hear a voice coming from a chair next to me. "You are in the house of Elrond. And it is ten o'clock in the morning, on October the twenty-fourth, if you want to know."

I recognized the voice, and became excited. "Gandalf!"

"Yes... I'm here. And you're lucky to be here, too. A few more hours and you would have been beyond our aid. But you have some strength in you, my dear hobbit!"

But, then, I remembered that he didn't meet us at the Prancing Pony. "What happened, Gandalf? Why didn't you meet us?"

"Oh I'm sorry Frodo... I was delayed." He looked really sorry for me. I can tell that he didn't mean to not meet us at the Prancing Pony.

I see that he is staring into the distance. "Gandalf? What is it?"

He comes back to the present and answers, "Nothing, Frodo."

Hm... I don't think it's nothing, but I also don't want to know.

I hear the door opening, and see Sam rushing inside, and yells, "Frodo! Frodo!"

I smiled, and said, "Sam!"

"Bless you, you're awake!"

I laugh at his remark. Gandalf told me, "Sam has hardly left your side."

Sam countered back, "We were that worried about you, weren't we Mister Gandalf?"

Gandalf told me, "By the skills of Lord Elrond, you're beginning to mend."

Just then, Lord Elrond of Imladris entered the room, and smiled down at me. "Welcome to Rivendell, Frodo Baggins."

A/N Sorry for the short chapter! I wanted to add a chapter for when Frodo wakes up. The next chapter will be the Council of Elrond. Make sure to comment and vote!!!