CHAPTER TWO.

after some time, tyanna finally arrives at her destination. this building was huge. of course, tyanna has seen loads of nice buildings but this one was a little too nice. it intimidated her a little bit. she walks into the building, it's freezing. why the hell is the ac on in the middle of fall?? tyanna wonders, slipping her hands into the pockets of her pants. she walks over to the waiting chairs and waits for her manager to arrive.
tyanna has been with her manager for a little over three years, basically her whole career. her manager is kind of tyannas lookout. tyannas occupation was simple, social media. honestly, it fits tyanna well. tyanna was able to create and adjust her schedule and be able to dress however she wants and do whatever she wanted to all while having a platform she loved. sometimes the job can be tough, putting on a front for the world to see. tyanna wasn't the biggest, but she was satisfied with that.
after some time, her manager walks in and walks towards the secretary, telling the lady that they're here for mr. lewis. some conversing goes on before tyannas manager walks towards her. to introduce tyannas manager, she's pretty much another 5'2 woman running shit! the two girls are pretty similar, except that jas, her manager, was sterner than tyanna was. it was good that jas was stern, someone out of the two had to be.
"we should be able to go in any second now-" "mr. lewis is ready to see you." the secretary lady says at the perfect time. jas looks at tyanna and smiles, hinting for her to walk in first, which she does. and finally, the meeting begins.
after what felt like forever, the meeting ends. nothing too exciting happened during the meeting, it was just mr. lewis breaking down what exactly tyanna would be doing. to sum everything up, they wanna hire tyanna to model their new clothing line for their commercial. this was something tyanna hasn't done before but always wanted to try. luckily, jas agreed to have tyanna work with mr. lewis and his company. this was something big for tyanna and she couldn't be more excited.
"okay so the next time we come together we'll start getting you fitted on the clothes and begin to start filming!" mr. lewis says to both jas and tyanna. honestly, the guy sounds excited about this. maybe they're a new company, tyanna hasn't heard of this clothing line before.
tyanna and jas walk out of the building together and they say their goodbyes at the door. tyanna walks over to her car and checks the time. the time is currently 2:30 so she has time to kill before lai comes over. tyanna starts her car and begins to drive home.
once tyanna arrives at the apartments, she walks towards the elevator, gets on, and goes towards their apartment floor. once she's arrived she walks towards her door and unlocks it, stepping inside. after closing the door behind her, the first thing tyanna does is kick her high heels off, she has been dying to take them off. tyanna's welcomed by the warmth of her house.. mainly due to tyanna forgetting to turn her heater off. passing by her kitchen, she starts to tidy up the mess she was letting pile up. sweeping the floor, taking the trash out, putting dishes in the dishwasher, and clothes in the wash. after the tidying, tyanna makes her way to the shower.
running the water, she steps in. as she feels the warm water run down her hair and down her back. tyanna exhales, feeling engulfed by the water. suddenly, all the stress she was feeling was being washed away by the water. throughout her whole life, tyanna has always cared about what everyone else has thought, she's always made it her job to please other people. and that's why tyanna decided to do social media. she didn't have to go to college or spend thousands of dollars, she was able to do what she wanted. tyanna hasn't had many complaints about her life, she's always felt pretty grateful. she wasn't one of those girls who searched for relationships or kissed people's asses, she knew her worth.
time had suddenly passed by and tyanna heard a knock at her door. turning the water off, she grabs her towel and heads towards the door, leaving water droplets as well as wet footprints on the floor. arriving at her front door, tyanna opens it, "girl do you know how long i've been calling you?" lai exclaims, walking inside the house. "no i was in the shower. what time is it?" tyanna asks. "it's 5:30, i left work at 4:30 and got here at around 4:45. where is your phone? i called you so many times." lai rambles and makes her way to the couch, turning on the living room projector. tyanna closes and locks the door, walking towards her bedroom. in her room, all tyanna does is brush her hair, put lotion on, and change into her pajamas. and by pajamas, all that means is her underwear and an oversized t-shirt.
making her way out of the room, tyanna sits on the couch, "what are we watching?" "i don't know, you pick the movie because you always pick the best ones." lai says, handing the phone to tyanna. tyanna nods her head and mouths an "i know." "oh let me tell you what happened at work today, okay so recently there's been this guy coming in almost every day and girl.. he looks so good." lai says, getting smiley. "what does he look like?" tyanna asks, scrolling through the list of movies. "he's tall, like taller than us... clearly. he has long blond hair with these like brown roots, but they're not ugly roots! he has these tattoos on his hand and he dresses amazingly, like better than anyone else out here. uh, what else-" "how you forget what he looks like?" tyanna asks. "girl hush. he's cute though, like really cute t." lai emphasizes. "talk to him tomorrow, see if you can get his number or something." tyanna suggests. "should i?" "i mean why not, what do you have to lose?" lai's silent for a moment. "you're right, i'll do it. did you pick a movie?" "yup, this one." tyanna shows lai the phone, it's a movie called the strangers "okay, connect the phone to the projector." lai says to tyanna, she nods and connects the phone, beginning the movie.