CHAPTER THREE.

the movie finally ended. and the girls are now surrounded by blankets, water bottles, and an arrangement of snacks. after talking about the movie for who knows long, they decide to finally clean up. "oh, i forgot to ask. how'd your meeting earlier go?" lai asks while putting the snacks they didn't finish away. "it went well, like really well. i'm gonna be working with them, i don't remember the company's name but i remember the owners' name is mr.lewis. i'm gonna be the model in their commercial for their clothing line" tyanna responds, putting their empty water bottles in the recycling bin. "wait pur that's actually really good." lai says to tyanna, showing the obvious happiness she has for her. after cleaning up, the girls continue their conversation as tyanna walks lai out. after saying their goodbyes, lai walks back to her apartment and gets ready for bed. and as soon as lai leaves, tyanna heads to her bed and gets ready for bed as well.
the next morning starts with the same routine as usual. lai is woken up by that lovely alarm everyone loves. the only difference is there was no morning sun welcoming her. instead, it was a cloudy rainy day. for lai, she was ecstatic. rainy weather is the weather that makes lai feel so.. comforted. so when lai woke up and saw the raindrops racing each other down her window, her day instantly was good. lai began to follow the rest of her routine, grabbing her phone and heading to the bathroom. taking her shower and washing her face, body, and brushing her teeth. getting out of the shower she puts on her work uniform. but today, she decides to keep her hair out. today, she decides to do a little bit of makeup. lai isn't 100% sure why she is feeling so confident and happy today, maybe it's the rain or maybe it's because she knows she's gonna talk to the mystery boy today.
surprisingly, lai thinks about this mystery boy a lot. she honestly doesn't know why, maybe it's the mystery of him that pulls her in more. she knows nothing about him, and that only makes her want to know him so much more.
she finishes her routine by putting her converse on and walking out the door, locking it behind her, and heading towards the elevator. this time, there's no tyanna. lai doesn't think much of it, maybe it's her day off. whenever tyanna has her day off she uses it to its full potential and you can't blame her.
lai arrives at the elevator and presses the button, signaling for the doors to open. once they do lai walks in and presses the button for the garage, making her way to her car. after driving for some time, lai arrives at work.
her workdays are honestly.. boring! since it's so early in the morning, lai's the one to open the pharmacy up. she enters the security code for the alarms, unlocks the door, makes sure all the lights are on and puts any extra items away on the shelf. lai would prefer to organize the store early in the day so she didn't have to worry about doing it during the day. because lai worked at the register she has to talk to everyone that comes into the store. truthfully, talking to people and being extroverted isn't a thing that lai is good at but, gotta do what you gotta do.
time passes by and it's the same type of people coming in. the old lady's coming to refill their prescription or the 14-year-old pretending to be 18 to buy some stupid vape. and then for a while, the store dies down. lai takes this time to relax. somehow it's still raining and lai soaks up every moment of it.
there's a pat on the counter, someone trying to get lai's attention. lai jumps a little, mainly due to her subconsciously being zoned out. "i'm sorry i didn't mean to scare you or anything... i just wanted to buy these." lai looks down at the items, it's an interesting arrangement of items: band-aids, a pair of headphones, a bag of candy, a disposable camera and ends off with a stuffed animal. after taking a second to look at the items, she looks back up and realizes who it is. it's the boy she's been longing to see, longing to know. she knows that she needs to act as fast as she can.
"oh of course i'm sorry." lai says, beginning to scan the items. he takes out his wallet and starts to grab for his card, getting ready to pay. "so, can i ask what all of these are for?" lai aks, genuinely being curious. he shakes his head, almost as if he's thinking of what to say. "honestly i don't know, i came here for one thing and then got distracted." he replies. "clearly." lai jokes, holding both the band-aids and stuffed animal in her hands. he laughs.
lai's finishing off his items by scanning the disposable camera. "a camera?" lai asks, he nods. "yeah, i like to take as many photos as i can to capture the moment. especially of my friends." he replies. "do you have any photos with you?" lai asks, putting the camera in the bag. he quickly shakes his head no, not in a rude way, but like a little subconscious habit. "unfortunately i do not." lai hands him the bag at his words and he pays for the items. "that sucks. maybe you would wanna show me them one day?" lai asks, her tone rising in hopefulness. he looks up at lai and for a second, she feels everything stop. she doesn't know what it is about him, i mean the girl doesn't even know his name, but lai can't help but feel so captivated by him.
he nods his head and does a little smile, "that sounds nice." lai smiles and grabs his receipt, writing her name and number on the back of it and hands it to him with the number facing upwards. he grabs it from her, the tips of his fingers barely grazing over hers but for some reason, she feels the tiniest chill. lai catches herself. "call me whenever-" lai cuts herself off, waiting to hear the boy's mystery name.
"jungkook," he replies.
"well then i'll be waiting, jungkook."