CHAPTER SIX.

lai:
jungkook?

jungkook:
that's me

lai freezes, she can't believe that jungkook texted her. lai was sitting on tyannas couch, staring at his "that's me" message, whatever that meant. lai decided to come over to tyannas house after work to get her mind off of jungkook but that didn't work. tyanna notices the sudden change in lai's behavior, "what's wrong with you?" tyanna asks. lai looks up and hands tyanna her phone. tyanna quickly reads the three messages that were sent. tyanna looks up at lai, understanding how she feels. "can you respond for me? i don't get why he takes two fucking weeks to reach out and then texts me with that stupid shit... it doesn't make any sense to me." tyanna nods her head and begins to type.

lai:
well yeah.
what took you so long to
reach out to me?

tyanna hesitated before she sends the message, not wanting it to seem too aggressive. tyannas hovers her thumb over the blue send button and decides to send it. after a few seconds of the message being sent, lai gets a call. and it's jungkook. tyannas eyes go wide and she shows lai who's calling. lai has to squint to see the caller id, and once she does her face mirrors tyannas exactly. she gets up from the couch and grabs her phone, walking towards tyannas front door. lai quickly opens the door and heads into the hall, making sure tyannas door isn't locked so she doesn't get locked out. lai swiped right on the call and puts the phone up to her ear.
"uh, hello?" lai asks, all the confidence she had two weeks ago has completely vanished.
"hey, lai right?"
"yup.. jungkook?"
"that's right. i uh wanted to call to ask if you wanted to go out and get a coffee some time?" jungkook asks. on the other side of the phone, he's doing the same thing lai is doing, leaning onto a wall near yoongis studio door. he nibbles his lip as he waits for lai's answer. he doesn't know why he's nervous.
lai is confused, he takes two weeks to reach out to her and when he does it's some stupid text? and when tyanna asks him why he doesn't he calls? it still makes no sense to her. lai decided to ignore his weird actions, but she makes sure she doesn't forget.
"uh, sure! i'd love to. when did you have in mind?" lai asks, beginning to pick at her lips. it was a bad habit of lai's, it always left her lips sore or bleeding but she couldn't stop.
"i was thinking tomorrow? we can meet up at the cafe by your job!" jungkook exclaims, sounding excited. lai subconsciously smiled at his cute ways.
"that sounds good, let's meet at three?"
"sounds perfect," jungkook confirms, "i'll see you tomorrow."
"okay," lai says, hanging up after waiting to see if he had anything left to say.
after hanging up, lai is stuck smiling to herself. she feels some type of hope in jungkook, maybe tomorrow she'll ask him what took him so long. lai walks back into tyannas house. once tyanna notices lai coming in she immediately locks her phone and stands up, "what'd he say?" she asks. "girl he asked me on a date." lai responds and does some stupid dance. both of the girls do some ugly dance at the news, tyanna stops dancing to ask, "when though?" "tomorrow, we're meeting up at that cafe near my job, you know the one i'm talking about?" lai responds. tyanna thinks for a second, "the pretty one?" lai nods, and tyanna nods as well after fully remembering the cafe. "okay i'm gonna go get my outfit and such ready for tomorrow and i'll come by after the date?" lai asks as she starts making her way out of tyannas house. tyanna responds with a muffled "sounds good" and walks out of her house with lai. lai does a double-take, "where are you going?" "grocery store." tyanna says as she locks her door.
tyanna heads towards the elevator and presses the button, waiting for it to open. tyanna didn't need much from the grocery store but she would rather get stuff now so she wouldn't have to worry. once the elevator brings her to the garage, she walks towards her car and begins to drive to the grocery store.
once at the store, tyanna grabs a little basket that she can hold like a purse and begins to walk around the store. tyanna knew what she wanted to get: watermelon, little bites, eggs, ham and cheese, frosted flakes, and some more of her favorite foods.
tyanna first makes her way to get the pantry items. she walks up and down the aisle first just to see everything they had. she grabs the frosted flakes she wanted, little bites, and fruit snacks. tyanna then makes her way to the freezers and grabs some pizza rolls.
lastly, tyanna walks over to the fruit section and grabs some of her favorite fruits. she grabs watermelon, strawberries, and then she gets stuck. she doesn't know if she wants bananas. she argues with herself in her head, wondering if she'd eat them. after some time, she decides to get the bananas and makes her way to check out. because of how fast tyanna was going, she bumps chest to chest with someone.
tyanna doesn't look at their face immediately, she just automatically starts to apologize. she backs up and takes a look at them. it's a man, and he looks extremely familiar. he has such long black hair. his hair practically covering his eyebrows, and growing long in the back as well. he had a nice, simple style. wearing a t-shirt tucked into some dress pants. he looked nice.. he looked clean.
he chuckles, "it's okay honestly it's my fault, i wasn't looking where i was going." tyanna smiles and shakes her head slightly, "no no it's fine. i have to go though, have a good night." tyanna says as she walks away towards the register. she puts her items on the ramp so the cashier can scan them. after having her items scanned she pays. she grabs her bags and heads towards her car. she puts the groceries into the back seat and shuts the door, opening the drivers' door right afterward.
once tyanna is in her car, she starts the car but there's an image stuck in her head, it's the man from the grocery store. he was cute, definitely, but that wasn't what tyanna was stuck on. she knew he looked familiar, but she couldn't remember from where. was it work? she knows she sees so many different people. brushing it off, she begins to drive home, forgetting about the pretty man from the grocery store.