CHAPTER SEVEN.

lais day began at 1:00, usually, she wakes up fairly early but after picking her outfit out last night she decided to binge-watch the twilight movies which kept her up fairly late. don't blame her, blame tyanna for reminding lai how good those movies are.
on the days' lai has off, she isn't in a rush to get out of bed in comparison to when she has to work.
lai takes around an hour to get out of bed, switching between social media and watching youtube videos. once lai realizes what time it is, she rushes to get ready.
lai starts with a shower which to lai, is essential whenever going out. lai washes her body, brushes her teeth, exfoliates, washes her face, and gets out. after getting out, lai gets dressed.
lai decided to wear a black skirt with a sweater that was long enough to fall over the waistband of the skirt. to go along with the outfit, lai wore a pair of fishnets as well as her converse. for jewelry lai wore a necklace that had little diamond circles hanging on them as well as her purple beaded bracelet that she always wears. lai didn't have her ears pierced so that was pretty much the most she can do.
lai clips her hair back and decides that she'll leave it like that. she sits at her desk and does some make-up. lai never does much make-up so all she does is put highlighter and mascara on. to complete her look she pulls two strands of hair out and sprays her vanilla-scented perfume.
the time is now 2:30, before leaving lai decides to film some stupid tiktoks and take a couple of photos to post on her instagram story, already knowing what song to post with it. lai makes sure she has everything, not bringing much other than her wallet, car keys, and her beloved airpods that she brings everywhere. stepping out of the house, she locks the door behind her and makes her way to the elevator, and then down to the garage.
after a little while drive, lai arrives at the cafe. she squints as she tries to see who's inside the cafe and she sees jungkook. she feels like she's a teenager again, not that she was old or anything because her teenage years weren't that long ago but lai feels like a teenager in terms of the butterflies. she hasn't felt that in so long. she sees him and gets nervous, extremely nervous. she checks her looks one more time, she sees that she looks good so she takes another selfie. she steps out of the car and makes her way into the cafe.
the cafe is hot. not an annoying hot, but the hot that makes you feel tired. she makes her way towards the table jungkook was sitting at, seeing that he has a coffee already. he smiles at her, not a smile too big but a smile that clearly shows how happy he is that lai showed up. jungkook looks nice. different... but nice. "new hair, huh?" lai says as she takes a seat in the chair across from jungkook. the chair is cold against her legs, no one has sat in it for a while.
jungkooks hair is a vibrant blue, it is a little longer and frizzier than before but still suits him well. jungkook chuckles and uses his finger to push his hair back, his hair not moving at all. "yeah. i dyed it this morning actually." jungkooks attire never fails to amaze you, he has a nice style. well, from what you've seen of him from his instagram and whenever he comes into the pharmacy. jungkook is wearing black sweats with a white long-sleeved shirt that has a black vest with a white thick stripe along the collar, and some words on the vest. you don't know what shoes he's wearing though.
"this morning? really?" lai says, grabbing her phone to scan the qr code for the menu. "mmhm! also, i didn't order you a coffee because i didn't want it to be cold when you got here and i didn't know what flavor you liked." jungkook says, looking at his coffee. he's being shy. "it's no worries but you have to do one thing for me." lai responds, trying to lean closer to him without the table getting in her way. jungkook leans closer as well, listening intently. "call the waiter over here for me." lai says. jungkook looks confused, tilting his head to the side a bit. "why can't you?" he asks. "because... i don't want to. can you just do it?" lai says, not wanting to admit that she's an anxious mess right now. lai's always like that when she goes out, it doesn't matter where she is. it's kinda ironic cause she works as a cashier whose job is to talk to people. jungkook calls the waiter over for lai. she orders a coffee with sugar and cream, nothing too bold, mainly because lai's a picky eater. the waiter finishes writing lai's order down and goes to get the coffee for her. a subtle silence falls between lai and jungkook, nothing too major. lai looks around at the cafe, seeing the cute decor that's there. it has plants, walls painted a beige color, the theme of the cafe is brown and black, pretty. lai suddenly can't focus on the decor anymore, she feels jungkook intertwine their legs together. this was something lai experienced a lot with her ex or whatever fling she had but the reaction she got was nothing like this. lai's heart drops and she feels warm all over. inside, fireworks are going off throughout her body.
"so, tell me about yourself." jungkook says, acting nonchalant as ever. "well," lai begins but is disrupted as her coffee is brought to her. "thank you," lai says to the waiter, she takes a sip before responding to jungkook. "uh okay, let's see i don't know i'm 22 and i live by myself. my favorite colors are yellow and black. i'm not sure what else to say i mean i like to ski." lai says, shrugging her shoulders and taking another sip of her coffee. "you ski?" jungkook says, sitting up more as he sounds interesting. lai nods, "mmmmm, i've been skiing since high school so well over 5 years. it kinda sucks that i haven't been able to go much recently." lai says. it's true, lai loved to ski. skiing was genuinely lais comfort. "when'd you start to ski?" jungkook asks, disconnecting their legs. that stings lai a bit. "well, i started my freshman year of high school and kept going until i graduated. i was able to ski during my freshman and sophomore year of college but couldn't do it as much my junior and senior year." "i've never gone skiing. i mean my friend jin snowboards and my friend namjoon skis, but i haven't gone. is it fun?" this sets lai off, she loves talking about skiing. "jungkook oh my god it's amazing!" lai says, getting excited. jungkook chuckles a bit at her cuteness. "no like i'm not kidding it's amazing, you have to go. it's so relaxing because you're warm but cold at the same time. the wind is hitting your face but your body is a warm cause of the clothes, you know?" lai rambles, jungkook nods. "we should go one day." jungkook says, going to grab his coffee. his pinky finger grazes lais. his coffee is cold, and he regrets drinking it immediately afterward. lai feels warm again, she doesn't know if it's because of what he said or the little touch he did. she chooses to ignore it, she'll think about it when she's falling asleep.
"what about you, do you do any sports?" lai asks, putting her chin into the palm of her hand. "i do, i do a lot. i've had a glimpse of what being a professional athlete is like." "oh really?" lai says. "yeah. it's funny, when i was younger i wanted to be a badminton player, but that changed." jungkook says, lightly scratching his eyebrow. he never told lai he was an idol, and he wasn't sure if she knew. "oh yeah, you're an idol right? i'm surprised you're even here right now.. with a girl." lai says, laughing as she takes another sip of her coffee, almost finishing it. jungkook is shocked. "you knew?" "how couldn't i? you're part of the biggest boy band." lai says, moving both of her hands in an i don't know motion. "well, no one knows i'm here so you should feel special." jungkook says, smiling as he looks at her. he takes this short moment to look at lai. he notices her nose piercing, she changed it since the last time he saw her. it's a cute little gold heart. lai has chubby cheeks, not the excessive ones but the ones that pop out a bit when she smiles or laughs. despite her chubby cheeks, her cheekbones still pop out when she smiles. "should i?" lai says, kicking him slightly. jungkook nods, "mmmm, i'm just that cool to where i can sneak out and do whatever." lai rolls her eyes, "so cool to where rapmonie is calling you?" lai nudges her head towards his phone. jungkook rolls his eyes slightly, "just give me one moment." lai nods her head as jungkook gets up to take the phone call.
due to lai not wanting to be on her phone during the date, she takes this time to text tyanna. tyanna wasn't much of a texter but lai knew that tyanna would see it regardless.
lai:
t, he's cute. i like him
it's going well, tell you
more afterward

tyanna answers quite fast.

tyanna:
as you should 🤞🏻

lai rolls her eyes at tyannas response, locking her phone as she sees jungkook come back. "listen, i'm sorry, i have to go. you know, duty calls." jungkook says, folding his lips in. "it's fine, i understand." lai says. to be honest, she's a little bothered but nothing to be dramatic over. "thank you, pretty girl. i'll text you later." jungkook says, grabbing your hand and squeezing it slightly as he makes his way out of the cafe.
lai smiles out of pure reaction and sits at the table for a little, even after jungkook left. after some times lai decides that it's time to go. she gets ready to pay but realizes there's money on the table. lai must've been too caught up in her head to realize jungkook paid already. she smiles to herself, rolling her eyes at him. he didn't have to do that. lai thinks to herself.
lai brings the check as long as the money jungkook left to the register, paying for their coffees. after paying for their coffees, lai walks out of the cafe and heads towards her car. she can't wait to go home and tell tyanna all about it.