CHAPTER FIVE.

jungkook woke up exhausted. waking up has always been hard for jungkook, especially because he sure as hell wasn't a morning person. honestly, no one knew why jungkook struggled to wake up. maybe it was because of how late he went to sleep, pulling constant all-nighters. or maybe he just genuinely hated mornings. after finally forcing himself to get out of bed, he searches for his phone.
within these two weeks, jungkook hasn't been able to get lai out of his head. of course, he thought of calling her or even texting her but he never could figure out what to say. the thing about jungkook is he's always been shy around girls. hell, there was a time where jungkook couldn't even make eye contact with a girl. luckily as he grew up he grew to be less shy but that doesn't mean it completely went away. he did want to text lai but because he decided it would be best to stay away. in jungkooks eyes, it was one of the best ideas but truth be told, it was one of his worst ideas.
beginning the rest of his morning, jungkook immediately goes to brush his teeth. he follows whatever skincare routine he hides from army and fixes up his morning hair. today, surprisingly, was a rest day for the boys. jungkook didn't have many plans for today, most likely going to work on his mixtape.
stepping out of his room he sees all the boys in their little worlds. namjoon reading one of his new books sitting crisscross-apple-sauced on the couch, tae is on the floor playing with yeontan, as well as jimin. yoongi is not here, most likely in his studio doing god knows what. jin is playing some video game. hobi is sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone. the room is filled with the sounds of tae and jimin as well as jin being dramatically loud while playing his game, the words you hear from him are constant "wows!" and "woahs!" jungkook wonders how namjoon and hobi can function with the commotion going on in the back.
once the boys notice jungkooks presence all that can be heard is "jk!!" all of them shot jungkook a smile except for tae, him being so distracted with yeontan. jimin gets up off the floor and makes his way to jungkook, leaving tae with yeontan. "you slept in the dorms last night?" jimin asks, putting his head into his hand. his chin resting on the palm of his hand and his freshly cut hair being parted through the middle of his head. recently, jimin has been pushing his hair up, exposing his forehead. as well as loving his undercut, every time he gets a haircut he asks for that style. "mmhm." jungkook replied in a humming tone, grabbing a plastic cup so he can have a cup of water. "how come?" jimin asks, he knows jungkook like the back of his hand. "i was up late working on my mixtape so it only made sense to sleep here." jungkook replies. jimin hated the way the jungkook overworked himself. jungkook has always put so much pressure on himself and focused on making other people happy instead of himself. but you can't blame jungkook, he grew up being told he was supposed to do that.
heading towards the sink, jungkook turns the faucet on and pours himself a cup of water. there are probably water bottles somewhere around but jungkook couldn't be asked to look for them. "is yoongi in his studio?" jimin nods, "been in there all morning." jungkook nods and starts to make his way towards yoongis studio.
as jungkook is making his way towards yoongis studio, he takes two big gulps of the water and finishes it already. not much can be heard other than the subtle sliding sounds of jungkooks slippers. after some time jungkook arrived at yoongis studio. jungkook puts the code in for yoongis studio and walks in, sometimes he wonders if yoongi regrets giving him the code to his studio.
yoongi mumbles some sort of hello without turning around, he most definitely knows it's jungkook. "how's the songwriting going?" jungkook asks, closing the door behind him and throwing the plastic cup away in yoongis trash can. "ah, not horrible. just going through the lyrics again." jungkook nods, taking a seat behind yoongi. jungkook knew what he went to yoongis studio for, it wasn't to converse about something dumb like a penny he found on the floor or to annoy yoongi on purpose.
"i need your advice on something-" jungkook says, catching himself picking at his eyes but stopping himself at the bad habit. jungkook waits for a little, genuinely not wanting to annoy yoongi. "go ahead i'm listening." yoongi says, finally spinning his chair so he can see jungkook. "i met this girl at the pharmacy the other day," yoongi nods and chuckles a little. jungkook looks up confused. "what i do?" jungkook says, looking back and forth at yoongis eyes. "nothing that just explains why you come back with so much pointless stuff from the pharmacy." jungkook sassily rolls his eyes at that comment. "anyways, i met this girl. she has long brown hair but half of it is dyed, at the beginning of the month it was a dark purple but now it's like this nice white color i'm not sure how to explain it." jungkook rambles, "last i went there she gave me her number-" "did you call?" yoongi asks. "let me finish." jungkook responds with, chuckling. "it's been two weeks and... i haven't called." yoongis face becomes easily readable. his face screaming "what's wrong with you and why haven't you called her???"
"it's not that i didn't want to call her, i do! it's just i'm not sure what i'd say. i thought that if i waited a little bit then she wouldn't be hurt or anything." "no you can't do that." yoongi replies, jungkooks listens to him with his doe eyes, his mouth opened the slightest bit. "she gave you her number right? wait what's her name?" yoongi asks. "lai." jungkook quickly responds. yoongi nods and goes back to what he was saying, "right so lai gave you her number correct?" jungkook nods. "two weeks is too long jk, if she gave you her number then she is expecting you to call or text. the same way you'd expect to hear from her if you gave her your number." "so what should i say?" "what'd you guys talk about at the pharmacy?" yoongi asks, crossing his leg above his knee. "i bought a disposable camera so she asked if i take photos and i said i do." because of how little their conversation was, yoongi wasn't sure how jungkook should approach the situation either.
"just don't overthink it. i'm sure a simple message would not harm." yoongi says, talking with his hands as well. "okay so-" jungkook mumbles, grabbing his phone out of his pocket. he takes his phone case off and grabs the part of the receipt that has lai's phone number. jungkook wanted to rip it out and put it in his phone case to keep it safe and to also make sure he doesn't lose it. jungkook unlocks his phone and types lai's number in, quickly putting "lai" as the contact name. instead of calling, he decided to text her. jungkooks thumbs move around a bit, jungkook being unsure as to what he's gonna type. "don't overthink it." yoongi reminds jungkook while watching over his phone. jungkooks thumbs fidget again and he quickly types, "it is i. jungkook." and sends it without thinking. yoongis mouth drops a little bit, why the fuck would he send that? yoongi wonders to himself. he clothes his mouth and laughs lightly, spinning his chair back around while shaking his head simultaneously. jungkook shoots his head up, unaware of what he did wrong.
as jungkook and yoongi go back and forth on the situation, jungkooks phone dings. unlocking his phone he sees a response to his message. the message reading,
"jungkook..?"